Chapter 23

Chay quickly scans his surroundings. Yep, he is still in Theerapanyakul's mansion. And nope, he is not hallucinating as Abhisit is behind Ash, escorting the guy. Chay gives the wai back with an unsure smile.

Looking at Ash, handsome in an expensive business suit, makes Chay aware of how he dressed right now: an old worn out t-shirt with 'Phang Nga Elephant Park' written across it (the only time Porsche took him to Phuket with his friends) and a khaki short equally worn out that stops in the middle of her thigh.

"Hi, Phi. Erm," he glances at Abhisit. That guy is looking highly dignified as always but doesn't offer any explanation. Just a smile. "May I ask what are you doing here?"

"I'm here to see Phi Kinn. We have some business to talk about. Well, my father is. I'm just a messenger."

'Of course. He is so not here to see Chay. As a businessman, he must see other businessmen also to do business.'

Stop. He's rambling inside his head again.

Chay gives a more genuine smile. "Phi Kinn is in his office."

"Can you show me the way to his office then?"

Well, this is the main mansion. It will be ok if it's just showing him the way, right? Right. Chay is not sure that Psycho can understand basic manners though. But Abhisit is there as the third party. So this will be fine.

"Sure."

Ash gives him the brightest smile and then turns to face Abhisit. "If that's ok with you, I'll walk with Chay. There is no need to escort me."

How do you expect a guy like Abhisit to respond to a young man from a prestigious family saying things like that with perfect manners, with hands in front of his chest in a perfect way, and a perfectly polite smile?

Abhisit can only nod after mimicking that perfect wai himself. But that gives a sense of panic in the side of Chay's mind.

Where is Kim again right now? Chay hates to explain how Ash gets shot by his boyfriend. Even when they are in the state of no talking right now, their status hasn't changed.

"Let's go, Chay," Ash says, ushering Chay with a hand on Chay's back. Chay can do nothing but move himself. Let's just deal with the problem when the problem arrives.

"How are you, Chay?"

Small talk. Yeah, let's make that when Chay's head is filled with something else.

"So-so," Chay says. "How are you, Phi?"

"Been better. Why aren't you back to London? The school will start in a week, right?"

"Erm," Chay is not sure about this, but it's better if he answers it with half-truth. "The family thinks it is unsafe to go at this moment so we're taking a break."

Ash's body language immediately fills with worry. "Is someone threatening you? Are you in danger?"

"Erm, I'm not sure about that. But the higher-ups don't want to take chances and they need the resources somewhere else. So I'm stuck here at the moment."

"I can give you the resources, people, apartment, or anything if you want. I'll talk to your brother. I'm sure we can set up something if you want to go."

Yeah, Kim will probably kill Porsche if he agrees to that and locks Chay up in the dungeon somewhere nobody knows before that can happen.

"Thanks, Phi, but no thanks. I need to be more understanding as a family member."

Please, please don't push it anymore, Chay prays.

Ash nods although still unconvinced. "Just let me know if you need any help. And I mean any help, Chay."