Life's a Beach

——— AUTHOR'S NOTE ———

Pls forgive me for not updating sooner I've been in such a writing slump and so slammed at work recently!

After building up to Alexis and Lando's first kiss, now that we've actually gotten there I've been really struggling with how to progress the story to the other main plot points I've got lined up but I think we got there in the end 🤞

Also so proud but low key heartbroken for Lando getting P2 at the Imola Grand Prix! Those last few laps were insane, he was so close to catching Max 😫 but a podium is a podium! Keen to see what happens in Monaco!

This chapter is a bit shorter but it's definitely a sweet one, so hopefully you all enjoy x

———🏎️———

The following day, Lando had meetings with the McLaren team for the Australian Grand Prix, which gave Alexis plenty of time to reflect on what had happened the previous night between her and the British boy.

They had finally kissed.

After so many close encounters and countless intimate moments between the pair, Alexis and Lando had finally gave into their feelings, and Alexis didn't regret it one bit. It surprised her, considering how much she'd been overthinking the entire situation, but boy, was she happy.

It was making her entirely insufferable for Isabelle however, as Alexis rose early that morning and was up in the kitchen making coffees and breakfast for her best friend before she had to go to work that day.

Alexis practically floated through the room, humming a tune quietly as she cooked. Isabelle stumbled out of her bedroom, rubbing her eyes furiously as she truly didn't believe the sight before her. In all the years Isabelle had known Alexis, she knew Alexis wasn't a morning person. So for Isabelle to see her up so early and being productive, she truly thought she must've been dreaming.

"Did you hit your head or something?" Isabelle asked as she approached the kitchen cautiously, still not entirely sure on what she was walking into.

"Oh, morning Belle!" Alexis chirped, as the toast popped out of the toaster. "You're just in time, brekky's almost ready."

Isabelle took in the surroundings suspiciously, nodding. "I can see that."

"I made you a coffee, too." Alexis slid the caffeine over the kitchen bench to Isabelle, who picked it up and sipped it whilst side-eyeing Alexis.

Alexis took no notice of Isabelle's wary eyes however, simply focussing on the task at hand as she spread butter and then avocado on toast, before she placed a poached egg over top of it. Seasoning it, she placed the plate down in front of Isabelle.

"Okay, what the fuck is going on here?" Isabelle narrowed her eyes at Alexis.

Alexis laughed, "What? I can't make breakfast for my best friend?"

"You've never done this for me. Ever. Who are you and what have you done to Alexis Piastri?"

Alexis just smiled innocently as she sat down next to Isabelle at the kitchen bench and tucked into her breakfast. Isabelle was still looking at her friend, bewildered. When Alexis didn't look back at her, Isabelle continued on eating her breakfast, the pair eating in silence.

That's when Alexis chose to tell Isabelle about her and Lando, right when Isabelle had a mouthful of food in her mouth.

"Lando and I kissed last night."

Isabelle began to choke, washing down her food quickly with a sip of coffee before she turned to Alexis. "You what?!"

Alexis recounted all of the events that had happened in the previous day to Isabelle, who listened with bated breath for all of the juicy details of their first kiss. Once she was finished, Isabelle let out a low whistle. "Well, that explains why you're so happy this morning."