Chapter 3: Anything he can do, I can do Better

I was sitting on the boat when I heard JJ say, "Bet you can't do this." Whatever it was, I definitely could do.

"Yes, I so could."

"Nah. Hey pope, could you go a little faster, please?" He says, just dismissing my words like a shooing a fly off your shoulder, only I was the dumb fly who decided to stay.

"Uh huh, I've seen you do this before, I can do it too."

"Terrifying," I hear Kie mutter.

"Thanks for the encouragement," I say following JJ to the edge of the boat with a beer in my hand. Anything he can do, I can do better. Except maybe not in this case. I put the beer up to my face and tried my hardest to not spill, but not only did it go everywhere around me, it went on me too. Luckily, JJ didn't sound like he was having the best luck either.

"Oh my god, y'all are getting beer in my hair," Kiara said.

"Alright," Pope said trying to get us to stop, "Alright!" Suddenly the boat came to a stop and I was pushed over the edge. I grabbed for something, anything that was close. That something was JJ, but he was falling too, so he didn't keep me on. Yet, I clung to him still. I really don't know why, probably just survival instincts.

When we surfaced, the first thing I heard was, "You okay JJ?"

"What a great brother," I mutter.

"Well, I figured JJ was doing a pretty good job at keeping you safe during the fall," he retorted. This made me realize that my arms were still wrapped around JJ's neck, but his arms were also wrapped around my waist, so I wasn't the only guilty one. Yet, I still blushed.

Luckily, JJ being JJ, changed the topic back to him, "I think the heels touched the back of my head." I giggled, still in his arms. He helps me up onto the boat and whispers to me, "You okay princess?" All I can do is nod like a fool. Jesus Christ, he needs to stop doing this to me.

"Hey guys, I think there's a boat down there," Pope says.

"Shut up, what?"

"No way."

"No, no. Guys, I'm serious, there's like a boat down there, for real," Pope says shocked.

"Oh my gosh really, like for real?" I say in a voice to imitate him.

"Shut up, you're so annoying."

"For real," JJ said joining in as we laugh together.

"You guys are so immature," Kie says trying to hold back laughter, "come see, there's like actually a boat for real." Everyone just bursts out laughing, even Pope.

"Okay, my bad, that did sound kinda weird," he says as his cheeks turn red.

"Are you sure you aren't even a little bit fruity?" JJ asks.

When we decide to stop making fun of Pope, we all hopped into the water and swam down. We couldn't hold our breath for long, though, so we went straight back up. John B, on the other hand, decided that he wanted to go back.

"John B," Kie says looking concerned, but before she could say more, Pope talks.

"Diver down, fool."

"Diver down," my brother replies, saluting.

"Yeah, he is," JJ says right before pushing him in the water, earning a giggle out of me.