4. Lost between realms: Part 3

"Isn't that statement a bit... excessive?" Albert exclaimed his concern.

"Well then, how about we start by examining their gadgets that they have with them?" William suggested. Both Albert and Louis nodded, still grappling with disbelief but finding themselves intrigued by the proposal.

"Could you... please allow us to examine your belongings?" William asked, shifting his gaze to the twins.

While they examined their gadgets, Victor assumed the role of an educator. He began by explaining the functions of the items they carried. First, he took his phone out of his pocket and unlocked it with his fingerprint.

"This gadget is called a phone," he started. "You can unlock it with your fingerprint or a passcode of your choosing. With it, you can call someone, regardless of how far away they are. It's an essential item in our daily lives, as we use it for communication. We can send messages, use it as a watch, and it has many more built-in features."

Albert took the phone in his hand, and they all examined it closely. "It is quite a convenient device," he remarked, inspecting it with interest.

"Oh yes, very much so. It has even more features; it can take pictures and has a calculator installed, among other things," Victor elaborated. "But there's more to it. You can record voices or even film, and that's just the beginning."

"That is very... advanced technology you have there," Louis exclaimed, his eyes widening as he looked at the phone.

"Oh yes, technology has advanced quite a lot in the past century," Victor remarked. Then, he shifted his attention to his sister. "Yuu, could you give me your tablet and headphones? I know you have them; you always get lost in the world of music."

Yuu, without hesitation, began searching her backpack and retrieved the requested items. "Here you go, and oh, I have the power bank too," she added, handing the items to her brother.

"So, gentlemen, let me show you. These are headphones. We use them to listen to music, and we can link them to our phones via Bluetooth to enjoy music on the go," Victor explained as he played some songs from his phone to demonstrate how they work.

"Interesting. And you don't need any wires to connect them," William observed with intrigue.

"Indeed, no wires needed," Victor confirmed with a nod. "Bluetooth technology allows for seamless wireless connection."

Then, Victor picked up the tablet. "And this, my dear gentlemen, is similar to the phone, but you can attach a keyboard and use it even for work on the go, as I do during lectures at the university. Lastly, the power bank is like a portable battery. You just need to attach a wire, and it will charge your device."

While Victor was immersed in his explanations, the Moriarty brothers listened attentively, their expressions filled with wonder.

"The future is full of new digital devices, and these are only a couple of examples. Humanity, with the help of science, has moved further and still keeps moving," Victor continued, his tone reflecting both admiration and excitement for technological advancements.

"It is truly fascinating what science can do," Albert expressed his thoughts with a smile.

"Indeed," Louis agreed, still examining the items, now holding the phone in his hands.

Meanwhile, Yuu seemed lost in thought. She contemplated the idea of time travel, her expression reflecting deep contemplation. Suddenly, as if coming to a realization, she seemed absorbed in her thoughts. Sensing Yuu's turmoil, William asked her, "What is the matter, Yuu? Speak your mind freely."

Yuu nodded and hesitated for a moment. "Before I ask, I want to confirm something. Are you a math professor, who teaches at Durham University?"

William simply nodded in acknowledgment.

Yuu, grappling with the facts, took a deep breath and asked, "I apologize for the question, but... could it be that you are the mastermind of the crime world known as the Lord of the Crime?"