1. The day our fates intertwined

"Finally, the artifact is finished; only one part needs to be added, and it is done! I want both of us to add the final part together."

This was the message that Yuu had received from her brother. With this message, the winds of destiny have begun to blow.

Yuu immediately called her brother after reading the message. "It's been a while since I heard your voice, dear Victor. I am in Amsterdam now. Give me a few days, and I will be back in London," Yuu's voice was calm but also nostalgic, as she hadn't spoken with her brother for quite some time. They had only exchanged messages between them.

"I will be waiting, dear sister," he said. After his words, Yuu hung up her phone and looked at it for some time, gently smiling.

It has been a couple of years since Yuu was at home. She hasn't seen her brother during this time. Although they occasionally chatted on the phone, it was not frequent. Despite the limited communication, they always thought about each other and shared an unbreakable bond. They knew that if either of them needed help, they would run to each other as fast as possible.

Yuu was always traveling or living in different countries, while her brother stayed in London, Britain, with their family, leading a comfortable life in the manor. He chose to assume the title of the lord, a tradition passed down through the bloodline. In contrast, Yuu decided to leave home and forge her own unique path.

Yuu was never interested in being a conventional lady who should marry a proper gentleman. She was always about seeking adventures and understanding life's mysteries. However, a couple of times, her grandmother arranged a few marriage interviews. The grandmother was very angry and unhappy about Yuu and her behavior; according to her, Yuu was acting improperly. In reality, Yuu was just being herself, asking if the lords were interested in climbing trees, dancing under the stars, visiting old ruins, and engaging in extensive discussions about history. The men seemed to be only interested in conventional women, but, according to them, Yuu was not one of them.

She always believed that if you find someone who values you for who you are, it means that person is genuinely interested in you beyond just your looks. Yuu sought a deep connection, not merely to continue the bloodline...

"I never liked to be bound by the constraints of others. I knew I would always have my free spirit roaming the world until... it finally settles in? Perhaps. Perhaps not," she would ponder these thoughts in the evenings.

Finally, when Yuu arrived in London, it felt weird for her to come back and step into the manor where... Well, a lot of things had happened. She actually didn't want to return because she still wasn't ready, but since the artifact had been put together... she had to. The artifact was the memento of their father, the legacy he left behind...

First, Yuu saw her mother in the manor's garden. She was sitting on a bench. For a moment, Yuu stopped and admired her mama's beauty. Surrounded by the silence of the garden, the sun illuminated her face, giving it a peaceful glow. Her deep blue eyes darted across the flowers. It was an early autumn midday. She wore her favorite sand-colored sweater on her shoulders and a white dress. Her blond hair was loose, gently caressed by the breeze. Despite the passage of time, she maintained her youthful appearance. Many people told Yuu that she takes after her mama, and sometimes others would even mistake them for sisters.

For some time, mother didn't notice Yuu, but she heard her steps as she approached and turned her head toward her.

Yuu hesitated to talk to her mama at first, feeling overwhelmed. However, at the same time, she yearned to hug her mother and stay in her embrace after all the life incidents they had been through.

"Yuu... you came back," mother rose from the bench, saying that in a surprised and trembling voice. "You came back," she repeated, and soon her face was damp from all the tears.