Don't leave me!

(UNEDITED)

Sitting beside Tohru, Y/n rested her head against her palm. She was just as bummed out as everyone else. Maybe even more than she'd like to admit. It was strange. She'd only been here a couple of weeks but she's already closer to the three boys than she'd ever been with anyone else. Other than Tohru, of course.

"There's some left over salted fish in the fridge. It'll go bad before to long. You'll probably wanna pick up soy sauce from the store soon." Right off the bat, Y/n could pick up the sadness behind Tohru's voice. She could hear the attempt at sounding cheerful.

Tohru was strong, stronger than Y/n herself. She always put others before herself, never expecting anything in return. Y/n yearned to be like her, maybe that's why she always tries making the brunette proud, she wants to prove that she can be just as kind and unselfish. But that only seemed more selfish trying to prove something she wasn't.

"And garbage day changed recently, so keep that in mind." Tohru brought a finger to her chin, trying to think of anything she was missing. "What else?" Y/n, pushed herself away from the table and sat straight. "Remember to hang your clothes on the hanging line, or else they won't dry, and don't use the green bottle for the detergent. It's just clothing softener." She noticed the older male nod as he held his newspaper.

Yuki on the other hand just looked down at his lap. It seemed nothing she did would make the boy look at her. "Here, this is my grandfathers address. I'll leave it with you just in case." Tohru set her paper down next to the one Y/n had given last night.

When she set her hands back in her lap, Y/n noticed the fumbling of her fingers as if she had been holding something back. "I guess tomorrow's the big day. You've done so much for us. Thank you." Shigure said, still a frown made it's way into his face.

"No! Thank you! And we promise, you can trust us. We'll take the Sohma family secret to our graves." Tohru said with a determined smile.

Though, Y/n knew that this would mean they would forget.

"You'll enjoy being home again, won't you?"

"Of course." Not. Y/n told the man, hoping this would lighten up his spirit. She stood, her eyes casted down with a small smile. "I should organize my belongings. Wouldn't wanna forget anything." She said, awkwardly walking to the hallway with Tohru.

"I half expected you to stop her." Shigure spoke, his voice neutral. Yuki furrowed his brows, his balled up fist finally relaxing. "Why would I? This was always just gonna be a temporary living arrangement." As the words left his lips, he felt a crack forming in his heart. That wasn't what he wanted.

He knew it was selfish, but it wasn't fair. He wished he could spend more time with her. With both of them. Tohru had given him something to look forward to each day, while Y/n had given him something to blush about each day. Y/n had somehow managed to make her way into his secluded heart. It was strange that he had let himself feel this way about her.

Before, it was just a simple infatuation. Just an idealization of the girl. But now, now he saw both the bad and good in her. He finally had the courage to speak to her. Finally had the opportunity to get lost in her e/c eyes. Finally had the chance to call her his friend. Though he wished it could be something more, he never verbally admitted such things. He didn't want her to think he was so selfish to think that he actually had a chance with her.

Shaking his head with a sigh, he looked to the floor. "Rat boys right. Weird thing isn't them going home. It's that they ever stayed here at all." Kyo spoke, laying down on his side. He too wanted them to stay, but he was more stubborn than ever to admit such things.