521-525

“No.” Lisa hadn’t expected Qiao Hong to lie. He never even showed up at Blue Night last night.

He had called him, but he wouldn’t answer the calls. Ding Qing then called him on her phone. There was still no answer from him but he did send her a message.

He said he didn’t want to go to jail, and that he saw police on his way to the club.

Someone had called the police because those rich kids started a fight. Qiao Hong thought the police were there for him, so he decided not to show up.

Lisa wasn’t expecting that kind of misunderstanding to occur. He told Ding Qing to comfort Qiao Hong.

Ding Qing promised Qiao Hong repeatedly that the policemen weren’t there to catch him last night. She told him to calm down. At last, Qiao Hong decided to give Lisa and his people another chance today. However, he also said that he won’t tell Ding Qing where to meet him until tonight.

Therefore, all that Lisa, Yang Wenchang, and Ding Qing had done last night led to no result at all.

Ding Qing was almost infuriated. She was so angry at Qiao Hong for breaking his own words. She was even more anxious than Lisa, who was the one running the company.

“Is it tricky?”

Jennie sounded worried. The problem must surely be so complicated that it bothered Lisa to a great extent.

“It’s okay, I’ll deal with it.”

“Good.” Jennie was still thinking about the video. She couldn’t help but still ask the question. “Lisa, yesterday was Saturday. Did you go to visit grandpa?”

“Yeah. He wants you to say hi to your grandpa for him.”

“Oh.” Jennie believed him, but still asked, “did you go out last night? Did you stay in the family house?”

Before Lisa could answer the question, his mailbox received a new e-mail. He opened it and responded to Jennie without thinking. “Yeah, I stayed at the family house.”

In fact, he stayed in the company last night. He spent the night talking with Yang Wenchang and the few others about what should they do if Qiao Hong insisted on selling the data to the rival companies at last.

They needed to prepare for the worst-case scenario. Lisa wished that things would go in a good way, but if Qiao Hong ate his own words, he would call the police and let them arrest him, then probably sue the rival companies.

However, those actions could cause negative consequences for Tianyu Group. Lisa had to come up with a solution for every possible scenario, no matter what he would choose to do in the end.

The best result would be finding Qiao Hong, getting the confidential data back, and minimizing the loss.

The worst-case scenario would be Qiao Hong betraying the company. In that case, both he and the rival companies would have to take the consequences, and Tianyu Group could suffer great losses as well.

Jennie immediately tightened her fists. She blinked, then suddenly realized that Lisa was lying. He was lying to her.

“Are you in the company now? Have you had breakfast yet?”

“Yes,” Lisa said. He knitted his brows into a deep frown while reading the e-mail.

“Lisa,” called Jennie. She told herself not to doubt him and to believe him. “Did you really stay in the family house last night?”

“Yes.” Lisa replied. He moved the computer mouse to read the rest of the e-mail.

Jennie pressed her lips together, and added with, “I haven’t been home for two weeks. Did your mom say anything?”