511-515

After that, she carefully listened to the person on the other side of the phone. The smile on her face didn’t fade.

“Alright, I get it. I’ll be careful.”

“Don’t worry, he’s not suspecting me for now.”

“If you don’t trust me, you can do it yourself.”

Ding Qing’s eyes exhibited a trace of scornfulness when she was smiling, but what was more obvious in those eyes of hers was her confidence.

After ending the call, Ding Qing slowly turned the phone over in her hand and landed her eyes on the desktop picture that she had set on purpose.

It was a picture of Lisa.

...

Jennie handed her written request for leave to Sui Huiya so that she could sign it. She felt a little guilty. During the two months she spent working in that hospital, she had asked for leave quite a few times already.

Earlier, she had asked for leave to keep Irene company, and this time, she needed to go back to Lin City. The leave she asked for wasn't long both times, but still, she felt a little sorry about it.

“It’s okay, I know that you’re from Lin City,” Sun Huiya told her. “Should I give you one more day? You can come back to work on Tuesday, and take some good rest before that.”

Jennie had been doing a good job since she came to the hospital. She cooperated well with her colleagues in all aspects. Therefore, Sun Huiya didn’t mind giving her more days off.

“That’d be great. Thank you, Director Sun.”

After her request was approved, Jennie started thinking about what to buy for Old Master Seo and Seo Yea-Ji as gifts.

After all, she will be flying back to Lin City tomorrow. Maybe she should talk to Lisa about it.

She remembered giving Old Master Manoban a parrot as a gift before. Of course, she couldn’t give a parrot to Old Master Seo either. She wouldn’t be able to bring a bird back to Lin City anyway.

While she was thinking about that, a pregnant woman who had suffered a car accident was sent into the emergency room. Her condition was a little complicated.

The staff from the emergency room said that according to the records in the hospital, Jennie had treated that woman before. Upon hearing that, Jennie quickly headed toward the emergency room.

Jennie realized that the woman looked familiar.

Only after a nurse put the woman’s hair that covered her face behind her ears, did Jennie recognize that woman. She was none other than Li Hong, the woman who had attempted to blackmail Zhang Yichen about a month ago.

This time, she wasn’t pretending. She was really hit by a car.

“Prepare for the surgery now!” said Jennie to her colleagues, while looking at the woman who was covered in blood.

The driver who sent the woman to the hospital was obviously frightened. He couldn’t stop explaining what happened to the doctors and nurses.

“I didn’t hit her. She rushed up from the roadside. I couldn’t stop the car in time.”

“Stop talking now. It’s not the time to figure out whose mistake it was. We’re trying to save her life now.”

Jennie had no time to talk to the car driver about whether it was his fault or not.

Li Hong was about six-months pregnant the last time she had been in the hospital. Currently, she is over seven-months pregnant. That was not good.

The baby might survive if it got lucky, but without luck, both the mother and the baby might not make it.