{Prey}

The night air was cool against Nozomi's skin as she stood at the entrance of the UA dorms, her heart a tumultuous sea of emotions. *Escape,* she thought, *I just need to escape.* With a determined breath, she stepped into the darkness, her feet carrying her away from the suffocating confines of her room.

The city was a blur around her, the neon signs and streetlights nothing more than streaks of color as she ran. *Father, how could you betray us?* The question pounded in her head with each step, a relentless drumbeat of betrayal. *Ren, are you out there? Are you safe?* Her pace quickened, driven by a desperate hope to outrun her fears.

She found herself in an unfamiliar part of the city, the buildings towering ominously above her. The alley she entered was shrouded in shadows, a dead-end that mirrored the corner of her mind she fought so hard to avoid. *Takashi could be anywhere... watching... waiting...* The thought sent a shiver down her spine, her breaths coming in short, sharp gasps.

Nozomi's legs gave out, and she crumpled to the ground, the cold concrete a harsh contrast to the warmth of the tears that now flowed freely. *It would be so easy to just let go... to end the pain...* The darkness whispered seductively, offering an escape from the relentless ache in her heart.

The alley was a narrow corridor between towering buildings, a place forgotten by the city's nightlife and left in silence. Nozomi stood alone under the weak glow of a flickering street lamp, the light barely reaching the edges of the darkness that enveloped her. The walls seemed to close in, trapping her with her thoughts, her fears, and her tears.

She slid down against the cold, graffiti-stained wall, her knees pulled tight to her chest. The tears came without permission, hot and relentless, streaming down her cheeks and onto her hero costume, a stark contrast to the image of strength she was supposed to embody.

*Why did it have to be like this?* Nozomi thought, her mind replaying the moment of betrayal over and over. *How could he do this to us?* The image of her father, once her hero, now the source of her deepest pain, haunted her.

The silence of the alley was broken by the sound of footsteps, slow and deliberate. Nozomi's heart raced, her telekinetic powers stirring within her, ready to defend. She wiped her eyes and looked up, hoping for a friend, but instead, she saw Takashi.

His shadow stretched long before him, merging with the darkness of the alley. "Crying again, Nozomi?" he taunted, his voice oily and smooth. "You know, it's dangerous for a pretty girl like you to be out here all alone."

Nozomi's tears stopped, replaced by a surge of anger and disgust. She stood up, her powers at the ready. "Stay away from me, Takashi," she warned, her voice steady despite the fear that gripped her.

Takashi stepped closer, a perverse grin on his face. "Oh, come on, don't be like that. I just want to have some fun," he said, reaching out towards her.

With a fierce cry, Nozomi unleashed her telekinesis, sending a wave of force that knocked Takashi off his feet and into the trash cans behind him. "I said stay away!" she shouted, her powers flaring around her like a storm.

Takashi scrambled to his feet, his eyes wide with a mix of shock and anger. "You'll regret this, Nozomi," he spat, before turning and disappearing into the night.

Nozomi stood alone once more, her breathing heavy, her heart pounding. The tears were gone, replaced by a newfound resolve. She would not be a victim; she would fight back. And one day, she would make sure that Takashi could never hurt her or anyone else again.

With the dawn just a whisper away, Nozomi walked out of the alley, her head held high. The night had been long, but it had also brought clarity. She was Nozomi Akatsuma, and she was no one's prey.