Chapter 15 - Was It Worth It?

As you stumbled forward, your eyes widened in surprise as you realized that the person you had almost collided with was none other than Vienna. At that moment, your gaze was drawn to her delicate face, and you felt a mixture of both embarrassment and realization wash over you. You quickly released your grip on her and took a step back, feeling uneasy. Vienna turned towards you, and you could see a look of concern on her face as she asked if you were okay.

"I didn't know you were the drunk type," she kneeled down slightly and helped you up, gently grabbing ahold of your hand, and throwing her arm around your waist to help you keep balance. "I.. am.. not... drunk.." you tried to refute her claim, but your words were all jumbled up when they came out.

You heard a long sigh come from her mouth, but that only made you feel even more guilty. "Where's... Jude..?" you asked her. In reality, all you wanted was to see him tonight and you didn't. You wanted to see him in his costume that you knew he'd look so good in, especially with the fake blood matched with a neat suit and tie. You frowned, the alcohol was only making your emotions more extreme and you hated it.

Vienna glanced around after you asked where he was, but it was clear she was hesitant to reply. She definitely wasn't as drunk as you were, so she was able to understand and comprehend your over-the-top emotions right now. "I don't know, maybe he's in the bathroom? I'm going to get some water for you, it's going to be okay. Stay here, okay?"

Her voice soothed your feelings or worry as to where Jude was. You nodded at her comment but knew you were going to get up and leave anyway the moment she disappeared. She quickly rushed to the kitchen after making you sit down, and once you turned your head to make sure she was out of sight, you got back up onto your feet as much as you could and started walking to wherever there was an empty path.

You stumbled past a few groups of people standing around and chatting, simply enjoying the music. The music felt much louder now that you were practically drunk, and it felt way more discomforting than you remembered it did. You pushed through a few people, trying to find your blonde Patrick Bateman.

But he was nowhere in sight. You started to feel nauseous the more you walked, and started to regret leaving where Vienna made you sit down. She was just trying to help—and you decided to get up and find her boyfriend.

You saw a nearby couch and quickly stumbled towards it, finally managing to sit down. You didn't realize the other people who were also sitting down due to how sick you felt. You hugged your stomach, trying to keep yourself calm and get rid of the nauseous feeling. You began to regret all of those drinks you downed earlier all at once, this was definitely an experience you weren't going to be trying anytime soon.

"Vampire? Where's your fangs?" You suddenly heard a deep and unfamiliar voice coming from the person sitting next to you. You quickly turned your head in his direction, and to your surprise, you noticed that it was a student who looked older than you and definitely wasn't in the same grade as you. He seemed like an upperclassman, and you couldn't help but wonder what he wanted from you.

Before you could even ask him anything, he casually swung his arm around you, as if you two had known each other for a long time. The unexpected physical contact made you feel a little uneasy, but you tried to remain calm and composed. You didn't reply as you were still trying to alleviate the nausea you felt. You heard the boy let out a chuckle and scoot closer to you, his leg now coming into contact with yours.

You only felt more sick once you felt his arm move onto your shoulders. Chills were sent down your spine at his touch. It wasn't an 'electric' feeling, it was one of fear. You felt frozen in place but scooted over once you felt his arm touch your shoulder. "Get your... hand off of me.." You refuted any attempt he had at trying to put his arm around you, furrowing your eyebrows.