Chapter-29

Author's pov ~

"6 years ago when I joined college, I met a guy, he was my senior, and my saviour too, someone whom I looked at as my male best friend, more like a brother, but alas his motives were something else.

He was Kabir Bansal, your brother Karan's best friend." Shivantika said making Dhruv shocked and curious at the same time as to how karan was responsible for Shivantika's trauma.

However keeping everything aside he decided not to interrupt her in the middle and let her continue as he held her even more tightly trying to make her comfortable.

"I was in my first year of college, Abhijay bhai used to drop me off everyday, I used to have a bodyguard all around me, it was like my father and brothers made a protective shield around me so that no one could harm me, but their possessiveness for me got me the tag of begin the 'Spoiled Princess'. People couldn't talk infront of me because they were never allowed to come near me so they used to talk behind me but somehow I always got to know about all the gossips about me, or how I showed off my money, how rude I am because I didn't used to talk to others, but in reality being an introvert it was difficult for me to socialize.

Somehow I convinced my brothers and Dad to atleast let the bodyguard stay away from me in the college even if it took a lot of convincing they agreed, and I was left alone inside the college and that was the biggest mistake I made as it lead to that one incident that left deep scares on my soul.

As soon as I was left alone inside the college, students started bullying me, sometimes they use to empty their water bottles on my head while sometimes they used to lock me inside a classroom just for fun, at times insulting me just because they felt like and the irony is I got bullied but I never got to know the reason for it.

One day I was going to my class when suddenly a girl from my batch came and pushed me from behind and I directly felt on the floor scratching my knees, tears began to flow freely from my eyes as I saw blood coming out of my knees, but all that girl did was laughing at my condition and telling me how weak I am for crying on such petty things, and she left as if she didn't just push and mock me.

Suddenly a guy came and sat infront of me tying my knees with his handkerchief and helping me to get up and take me to my designated classroom that is when I met Kabir Bansal for the first time.

But our meetings didn't stop there we kept meeting almost everyday and gradually began talking, he gave me that brotherly feeling that I got from my brothers, it was Kabir who introduce me to Karan and within no time we three clicked in, they were my first friends even though they were my seniors and gradually the bullying too stopped."

Shivantika said as tears gather in her eyes, by seeing her Dhruv could tell she was having a hard time telling him all these things, but he didn't stop her because it was her decision to tell and he didn't want to interrupt.

"Time flew by and I was in my third year, and thankfully we three were still bestest of friends but all of a sudden Kabir changed he didn't like me talking to others, he use to find ways to touch me although not in any extreme way but still it felt weird.

It was valentine's day, yet a normal day for me I preferred staying at home and spend my entire day reading books but that year, Kabir called me and told me to meet at a cafe, I couldn't deny him hence went there and to my surprise the whole cafe was empty and decorated with red roses and candles, I called out for Kabir and after three calls he finally came from behind me and back hugged me, I wiggled in his hold but I couldn't get out of his grip, he slowly came infront of me sat on his knees and suddenly he did something I never expected, he proposed me and I did what any sane person at time would do, I rejected him, I told him how I think him as a brother and never thought about him in that way and without waiting for his reply I ran out of the cafe.