Dreaming of you. (Pt 2)

𑇍𖥟
Tom's pov
𖥟𑇍

----------------------------((((⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂))))

I suddenly woke up when I felt someone pulling out of my arms. I was half awake and still kind of delirious. The figure turned back around and looked at me, it was my girlfriend. "Kat? What's going on?"  She was quickly grabbing all her stuff and putting it into her bag. "Im sorry I gotta go. We weren't supposed to fall asleep... I was supposed to be home already." 

Shit she was right. We had been watching a movie together and we fell asleep. "Fuck what time is it?"  I grabbed my phone and went to check it. 2:46 AM. "Shit weren't you supposed to be home at 11?" "Yeah." We both just looked at each other for a few seconds with a tense stare.

She sighed and sat back down on my bed.
"I'll text starr so she knows I'm not dead, I'm sure she's awake. But I'm sure I'll probably get grounded by my parents when I get home." "Are you going to be alright driving home this late?" She looked at me and nodded with a slight smile. "I'll be alright don't worry."

I smiled back and pulled her in for a hug. The only person she was usually okay with hugging was her sister. She never failed to put a smile on my face whenever she hugged me back. We stayed like that for a few seconds before pulling away and saying our goodbyes. I walked her out to her car and waited for her to drive off. Right before she left I yelled out. "text me when you're home!" She yelled something back to me but I couldn't hear it.

After she drove away I made my way back into my house, going towards the kitchen. I had this really bad feeling in the back of my mind telling me something was wrong. It felt like the type of thing I feel when I think something bad is going to happen to bill, but it felt different... I couldn't explain it so I just tried to ignore it. I grabbed a bottle of water and and headed back up to my room. I decided to distract myself by watching tv.

A while later I check my phone to see if she ever texted me back. She hadn't. It's been two hours. This isn't like her... She always makes sure to text people back. Maybe she just fell asleep? I'm just getting into my head, I'm sure she's perfectly fine. I decided I should probably go back to bed. Suddenly my phone started ringing, I looked to see that it was Starr.

"Hey what's up?" She sounded really upset. Her breathing was shaky, like she was panicking. "Hey um... I just got a phone call from the hospital. Kat got into a wreck." My eyes widened at her words. "Holy shit is she okay!?" Fuck. I should have trusted my gut. "I have no idea. I'll come pick you up so we can go together. Be there in 5."

I started to panic. My hands were shaking and my eyes were watering. I quickly put on my shoes and put on a jacket. I went and waited outside for starr to get to my house. As soon as she pulled up I quickly got into her car. She was going way above the speed limit yet we didn't talk the whole way there. Tension was obviously high, and it felt like it took an eternity to get to the hospital.

As soon as we got there we parked in a hurry and ran to the front desk to find out where she was. We then made our way to her room as fast as we could. She was up in a super high floor so the stupid elevator took forever to get us up there. We ran to her room as soon as the elevator doors opened. I froze once I got to the door. Not sure what to expect when I walked in.

I took a deep breath and looked over at Starr, putting my hand on her her shoulder as we walked in. Looking for at least a little bit of closure. I almost screamed when I saw kat laying limply in that hospital bed. I started to cry and I had to cover my mouth to keep myself from screaming or throwing up. She had a huge bruise on her left cheek, little cuts strewn about her face. Her head was wrapped in bandages and her forehead was covered in half dry blood.

***

I was roughly jolted awake by someone knocking on my door. My eyes were watering and I was sweating profusely. Suddenly It opened and I saw the figure of bill standing in the darkness. "Dude are you okay? You were literally yelling in your sleep!"

"Uh yeah... I'm fine... I just had a nightmare..."

I grabbed my phone and went to check the time.

2:49 AM.

((((⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂⁂))))----------------------------