"Over my dead body. Honestly, you're the first person—well, second since Sehun was supposed to be the one doing this—that I would want to bring with me here because one, you're easy to manipulate and two, because you're one of the few who wouldn't annoy me the whole time we're shopping."

"Wrong assumption since I've been annoying you ever since we stepped inside the mall, assface."

"Yeah, well whatever. It's over and done with. You're here anyway and in all honestly I'd rather bring you than the others."

Kyungsoo watched as the girl happily skipped her way to another corner of the store, looking like some Disney princess overdosing on cocaine. The girl was uncharacteristically energetic, perhaps a little too much that it seemed unnatural. There was something up with her and there were endless possibilities as to what it was.

Knowing her, she's probably hiding her frustrations with their current mission and all that jazz about Yukihara and the money. All of them were stressed about that and maybe she's covering that stress with fake smiles and cringe-worthy giggles.

The second thing that might be the root of this attitude is Kyungsoo's little sleepover at her house. Kyungsoo mentally slapped himself as he recalled the events of last night. They didn't do anything scandalous; he even slept on the couch while she stayed in her bedroom. He just didn't know what came over him or where he got the courage to ask her such a thing, but most of all, he wanted to hit Hyerin upside the head for agreeing to it so easily. If she said no—he really wish she just said no, goddammit—he wouldn't be giving into his own selfish desires of being with her. Yes, he really wanted to be with her and that was proven yesterday when he was so persistent on staying the night.

If she just said no, he would have backed away and that way, he could have some kind of closure – some kind of assurance that no way will there be something between them. But no, she just had to say yes and he just had to succumb to it. It was his fault, since he was the one who pressed her into agreeing to it anyway, but he liked to think it was hers. Only because he didn't like admitting his wrong doings and also because she was just too damn irresistible.

Did he like her? Maybe, but it could also just be hormones.

Kyungsoo sighed, sitting on one of the waiting chairs inside the store. Maybe it really was because of his staying overnight that she's putting up this fake façade. Maybe she didn't want things to get awkward between them so she resorted to acting like something she's not. He didn't blame her, though; the following morning, he was up two hours before her and did the stupidest thing of all the stupidest things in the world—he cooked brunch for her.

Kyungsoo groaned, digging the heels of his palms into his eyes. It may not seem like a big deal, but that may just be the thing to make everything instantly awkward. First of all, one does not simply invite oneself to sleep over, especially since they're not even in a relationship. Secondly, one should immediately leave the morning after, preferably before the other wakes up. He already had that opportunity, but he just had to go to the kitchen and make food for her. That's something a boyfriend would do, and he was anything but a boyfriend. Just imagine how surprised Hyerin was to see Kyungsoo in her dad's apron, holding a spatula and a bowl of kimchi spaghetti in one hand.

"Jesus Christ," he mumbled under his breath. He knew now. He knew now that he was the reason for all this madness.

"Do Kyungsoo! Aren't you supposed to help me pick a dress!?" Hyerin stomped her way over to him, lightly kicking his foot.

Kyungsoo groaned. "What?" he demanded, glaring up at her. "What do you want?"

"Which one is prettier?" She held up two blue dresses of the same style, one being a tad lighter than the other.