29

PAIGE POV

"Hello?" I answered the phone, for this "no caller ID" number

"Bitch I swear on my life you're not gonna get away with this" My mother said and I sighed.

"Why do you do this?" I asked.

"I'm not doing shit" She said.

"The case is over, Dashon is staying with me. That's it. So just be over it. You never took good care of him." I said.

"Paige you need to have your own child, rather than trying to steal mine. Dashon is your brother, not your son." She said.

"Maybe a history refresher is what we both need." I said.

"What is that supposed to mean?" My mom asked.

"I'm so glad you asked. Mama I loved you but guess what? You are a crack abusing trick that allowed yo nigga to beat you and Dashon. But you love Dashon so much? How? You did heroin, crack, cocaine and meth in front of him. But you love Dashon? You wanna take care of him? You want the best for him? How? That's my little brother and I'm not gone let you fuck his mental up. ITS YOUR FAULT IM FUCKED UP TODAY!" I yelled.

"GET THE FUCK OVER IT!" She yelled.

"NO!" I yelled.

"YOU ARE NOT KEEPING DASHON YOU PRISSY BITCH!" My mom yelled.

Her calling me, her only daughter a bitch is mind blowing. I chuckled.

"You are a piece of work you know that? You're standing over there breathing but because I'm willing to do whatever to keep you and our family safe. Even after everything you've done. When you called in a hit, who answered that call for you? Who?" I said.

"Oh hush your mouth about that shit." My mom said.

"But I'll tell you one thing, shit ain't black and white. But I'll be damned if I will ever apologize for loving you mama." I said to her.

"I love you too Paige, you know I do." My mom said.

"No you don't, you love what I did for you and Dashon. Taking care of you all these years while you ran wild doing whatever with all these niggas and-"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" She yelled in the phone.

"YOU SHUT THE FUCK UP!" I yelled.

"I SWEAR BITCH I WILL KILL YOU PAIGE IF YOU KEEP TRYING ME! I WILL KILL YOU!" My mom yelled.

"Not if I get you first." I said then I hung up on her, slamming my phone down. I just didn't even have the patience to obtain this conversation any further.