9

PAIGE POV

8:00 AM

8:00 AM

My mom opened the door for me and Dashon, and Dashon walked in and went straight into his room.

"That boy got an attitude on him." My mom said rolling her eyes.

"Because you can't seem to hop off that nigga dick." I said referring to her meth head boyfriend.

"Oh shut the fuck up Paige." She said. I rolled my eyes and handed her money for her rent.

"Since you didn't get your county money yet, here. This will cover your rent for the month." I said.

"Woooo. Oh my gosh thank you. I was afraid I'd get behind" She said.

This ain't even for her. I did that for Dashon because he gotta live here with her, so.

"You're welcome" I said.

She looked at me for a second and asked "Do you hate me Paige?"

"No I don't hate you mama. I hate what you do. And I hate how you act. But I don't hate you." I said.

She nodded her head and said "I have a life too you know.."

"But it's who you spend your life with. They don't elevate it. They bring you down." I said. "And you don't wanna end up in jail or dead due to somebody else's bullshit." I added.

"Jail or dead?" She said.

"Yep. Because guess what? When that happens, they gone go on wit their life. And where will you be?" I said to her and she just looked at me.

"Think about it." I said.

I then headed right out the door, shutting it behind me, getting in the car.

"You good?" Meechie asked me as I looked over at him.

He asked if I could pick him up from his house this morning, he just didn't wanna be in the house with his dad and his girlfriend.

And I get it. So, I was nice and got him.

"Yeah I'm coo. My mom just disappoints me sometimes but it'll be aight" I said as I pulled out of the driveway.