Raiden: Here to congratulate us on our victory, sorcerer?

Jax: [Shocked] What? Shang Tsung?!

Raiden: You have been revitalized, I see. I didn't realize your master was in the habit of rewarding failure.

Shang Tsung: The emperor has an offer, Raiden. A new tournament.

Raiden: [Scoffs] I see no reason to participate in any plan of yours.

Shang Tsung: The emperor proposes a single tournament, to replace the current system of ten. It will be held in Outworld. If Earthrealm does not win, Outworld will absorb it. But if Earthrealm wins, Shao Kahn will abandon his claim to it forever.

Raiden: [Turns away] Give your emperor my regards.

Shang Tsung wasn't pleased with Raiden's answer, nor would he leave Earthrealm without an answer. He opens a portal to Outworld, and Shao Kahn's army charges out, ready to cause temporal damage to change the Thunder God's decision. Raiden fights Shang Tsung as Jax jumps down and fights the Tarkatan's charging from the portal. He eventually gets overtaken and overpowered, getting his face stomped out by one of the Tarkatan warriors, getting knocked unconscious in the process. He eventually starts waking up, hearing Raiden's voice as Johnny Cage appears in front of him.

Raiden: He gained a momentary advantage during our kombat and escaped. I now realize what we must do.

Jax: [Groans] Anybody get the number 'o that-- [Looks around; confused] Wait. Where's Sonya?

Raiden: Shang Tsung has taken her.

Jax: We gotta find her!

Kung Lao: We must follow them!

Raiden: Shang Tsung has made it clear that Earthrealm will be under constant threats unless I agree to a new tournament.

The Thunder God gets another vision from his future self, this one being of Liu Kang challenging Shao Kahn, leading to the emperor of Outworld's defeat and the victory in this tournament.

Jax: Another vision?

Raiden: Yes. I saw Liu Kang win the proposed tournament. I believe we must attend. [Turns to Liu Kang] But my earlier vision, of your victory over Shang Tsung, was not the solution I sought. Therefore this premonition must show an event I need to change. Perhaps "he must win" refers to another.

This was something Liu Kang was not preparing to hear, but had to listen to if they were going to win Earthrealm the victory that should've been handed to them after victory in Mortal Kombat.

Raiden: Hear me, Elder Gods! I accept the terms proposed by Shao Kahn!

A light covers Raiden and the Earthrealm warriors, giving them the opportunity to save the realm from merging with Outworld.

Raiden: We go to Outworld.

Earthrealm began their adventure into Outworld as Raiden created a portal, giving our champions their entry into Shao Kahn's domain. Meanwhile, as our champions arrive, Shao Kahn is approached by Goro, who gives him a medallion with the Yin and Yang on it. He gives it back to Goro as Raiden, Jax and Johnny Cage walk into the emperor's throne room.

Jax: [Looks to Shao Kahn] I take it that's the Big Man himself.

Johnny Cage: The wrestler guy? With the cow skull on his head? [Curious] And why aren't the Kung Fu Twins here helping us?

Raiden: I sent Liu Kang and Kung Lao to free their Shaolin masters. I expected Sonya Blade to be here with Shang Tsung.

Jax: [Angered] She better not have a scratch on her.