Supplies (2)

She only cared about practicality thus she bought lots of jackets, coats, and sweatshirts made out of wool. She avoided tight-fitting clothes and bought two sizes bigger for her and her brothers to put on multiple layers in the extreme cold. Dark colors helped one to blend in and remain low-key and practical.

She also bought large batches of energy bars, protein bars, and powders which had been very popular recently. She even bought tea leaves, tobacco, and large batches of pure alcohol.

She bought a few hundred pairs of all kinds of rain boots, travel shoes, hiking shoes, snow boots, slippers, and canvas shoes for the summer. Though she knew that they wouldn't have any practicality, she gave in and bought different types of heels, lipsticks, eyeshadows, lip balms, glosses, mascara, primers, blush, concealer, and many others. Though beauty was a dangerous thing in the apocalypse those things could be used in the safe areas, especially for those vain women but she wouldn't use any since she preferred to remain low-key.

There were also various beddings, pillows, blankets, and blanket covers, fitted and unfitted bed sheets, one hundred sets each were bought in various colors and styles.

The front door opened and closed as her brothers entered the house.

"EVIE!" Callum called getting his little sister's attention as the trio hung up their coats.

Her train of thought is disrupted, Evie looks up from her phone perking her ears up to listen.

"EVIE!" Kain calls and a smile appears on her face as she drops her phone and runs out of the room while the trio enters the kitchen. The light pitter-patter of her feet is drowned out by her brothers' conversing with each other.

"I still don't understand why we had to return home," Ian says, adjusting his glasses. He didn't dote on his sister thinking she should be able to stand on her own two feet like them. He was two years older than her but Callum and Kian pampered her and always ignored him causing a bitter knot to take root in his heart so their relationship was extremely strained.

"Cal! Kai!" She exclaimed happily as she entered the kitchen and like a human tornado, embraced them both in a hug causing them to laugh as they returned her embrace.

"How are you, moondrop?" Kai asks using his nickname for her.

"I'm ok." She said, smiling, pulling away and looking up at her brother with a wide smile showing off her dimples. Kain runs a gentle hand through her hair gazing at her with a gentle gaze.

"Pathetic," Ian says, destroying the moment and causing Evie to tense up. Slowly she turns her head in his direction, her eyes cold and devoid of the warmth that she has when facing Callum and Kain.

"Hello........brother," She said coldly, a slight sneer on her face. Ian was shocked at the coldness of her tone. From his memories, she always greeted her warmly despite him treating her horribly but now, there wasn't a trace of it nor the need to converse with him or even embrace him.

"Evie......." Kain said trailing off with a sigh. He and Callumm knew that their relationship was bad but they didn't know it was that bad.

"It's ok," Evie said in response, turning to face him.

"Help yourselves to the sandwiches. I'm heading to bed." She said hugging Callum and Kain one last time before leaving the kitchen not sparing Ian a glance. Once she was gone. Callum turned to Ian with a thunderous look in his eyes while Kain had a playful smile on his face but his eyes held no warmth.

"So, after all these years, you're still a whiny little brat," Callum says.

Now, Cal, there's no way to speak to him. He's not a child that needs to be disciplined." Ian says casually playing with a steak knife.

"She's not a baby. You need to stop pampering her. Just like the three of us, she has to be able to protect herself," Ian says, trying to bullshit them with his pathetic excuse.

"You are more idiotic than the last time we met," Kain said, rolling his eyes. He took a sandwich from the container on the counter, and a juice from the fridge and left the kitchen heading up to Evie's room.

~Knock~Knock~

"Come in." She said andKain opened the door, poking his head in first before entering and closing the door behind him.

"Permission to come aboard?" Kain asked, referring to joining her on the bed.

"Permission granted," Evie said with a smile on her face. Kain took his shoes without needing his hands and made himself comfortable on the bed. Looking at her computer screen, he was surprised she was looking at RV Motorhomes.

"Are you planning to take us camping?" He asked curiously and she smiled in response.

"Are you upset by what Ian said?" He asked after he finished his sandwich.

"I'm...not sure. I think I've grown used to it." She said, shrugging her shoulders.

"You shouldn't be used to it, moondrop," Kain said.

"That's life, Kai," She said.

Kain looked at his younger sister sadly but pushed down the questions at the tip of his tongue and decided to watch a movie with her instead and she didn't refuse. What she didn't expect was that halfway into the movie she would fall fast asleep with her head resting on her brother's lap.

Kain ran a hand through his sister's hair lost in thought just as the door to her room opened revealing Callum.

"How is she?" Callum asked.

"Fast asleep. Looks like she's exhausted." Kain said with a gentle look in his eyes.

"What should we do?" Callum asked, referring to Ian's dislike of their sister.

"It's not something we can fix. He must take the initiative." Kain said.

"You're right," Callum said, running a hand through his curls.

"I'm heading to bed. Night," Callum said.

"Night," Kain said in response and decided to spend the night with his sister.