Seven

No Time To Die 

Billie Eilish  ♥︎

⇄ ◁◁ 𝚰𝚰 ▷▷ ↻

1:35 ━━●━━───── 4:02

"That I'd fallen for a lie

You were never on my side

Fool me once, fool me twice

Are you death or paradise?

Now you'll never see me cry

There's just no time to die

After the concert, Clementine and Finnick were confused by Bethany Lynn's warning. In fact, they had frequent conversations about it, trying to figure out whether she spoke the truth or was trying to manipulate them. They may never know. Even though months had passed, the words lingered in their heads. 

"Heavensbee and Snow have a trick up their sleeves, so you two need to be careful. Start preparing for the Quarter Quell; you'll need it." 

The couple had done their best to try and train whatever kids would come home with Sunlee, but others they couldn't reach. They could only hope and pray that the Quarter Quell be better than what they were imagining, and that somebody was prepared to be Reaped. They would find out the details of the Quarter Quell tonight in the mandatory announcement. 

Clementine hadn't liked the way Finnick paced the halls back and forth, reorganized room after room, and constantly jittering. He kept insisting he had that bad feeling he always got, but Clementine assured him they would be fine. Sunlee was too young to go into the Games. They were all safe. 

Noah had visited their house a few times, agreeing with Clementine. Everything would be alright. Nothing could happen to them. Mags had done the same. So did Everli and Johanna over the phone. 

No matter the encouragement and assurance, Finnick refused to let it go. 

Finnick was currently frantically preparing three grilled cheeses for them, but nobody had the appetite. 

"Have you gone fishing today?" Clementine asked, trying to spark some conversation to break up the tension in the room. 

Finnick just shook his head as he plopped a sandwich onto a plate, sliding it over to his wife. 

"Why don't you go? Noah said he went out earlier and the fish were biting." 

"I don't know." 

Clementine frowned, looking over to Sunlee who just shrugged as she devoured her grilled cheese in nearly two bites. 

"I'm sure the nets need checking?" Clementine tried again, but earned silence. 

"Finn, bro," Sunlee piped up. "Stop being a mope." 

"Finnick, have my sandwich, and let's go out to the dock," Clementine handed her sandwich to her husband, grabbing his wrist and dragging him out the door and onto their dock. She got to the edge, sitting down. "Alright, talk to me. I won't speak." 

Finnick sighed as he sat down, staring distantly out at sea. "I have that horrible feeling again. The one I get deep in my chest?" 

Clementine nodded. She knew. 

"Yeah, well, it's the same one from when I got before my Reaping, the one before your Reaping, and the one before Marina's. Nothing ever good has happened when I feel this way. It's here again, but it's stronger than ever to the point where I'm physically sick."