Six

The newly-wed couple had called Johanna later the next day, requesting she watch Sunlee for another while they were at the Capitol (they didn't explain why because they all knew the phones were bugged) so they would have a week to go on their honeymoon. 

They had stayed up all night planning where they were going to go, but when the chance to see Clementine's favorite singer, Bethany Lynn, was showing later that week, they both knew that was what they were going to do. While reluctant to go to the Capitol, they were granted special seating only available to victors which had an exclusive package where they would be able to meet Bethany Lynn after her show. 

"I've been waiting my whole life for this," Clementine gushed, looking at the scenery rushing by as they rode their way to the Capitol. "I have never wanted to go to the Capitol more." 

Finnick snorted as he watched his wife. "You've only known about her for like, what? Three years at the absolute maximum?" 

Clementine crossed her arms. "No, ever since I won," Clementine corrected, frowning. "That's practically my whole life." 

"Eight years?" 

"Yeah."  

"Clementine, you're twenty-three," Finnick sighed. "What's twenty-three minus eight?" 

Clementine's scowl deepened, making her eyebrows crinkle right in the middle. "Fifteen. I'm not as dumb as I look, believe it or not." 

Finnick chuckled, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. The wedding had immediately lifted Clementine's mood, and she had been overly hyper since. She hadn't wasted a breath hating on Katniss and Peeta, but instead ranted on and on various things that were on much happier notes. 

"...And right after she sings that line, we'll all scream 'One, two, three, let's go bitch,'" Finnick tuned back into Clementine who was teaching him various chants for the concert. "It is absolutely essential you scream these at the top of your lungs, otherwise you'll just have to take me to see Bethany again." 

Finnick nodded, smiling. It had been quite a while since he had seen Clementine so happy, but it was good for a change. They both felt like they could breathe again. 

"Why don't you go to sleep before the concert?" 

Clementine shook her head, smiling mischievously. "Not until we get your outfit planned."

*ੈ✩‧₊˚༺☆༻*ੈ✩‧₊˚ 

Finnick would not be letting Clementine dress him again. Concert or not, the outfit was atrocious. Clementine insisted it wasn't that bad, but glitter was where Finnick drew the line. However, today, he didn't. He sat and waited patiently for Clementine to finish dressing him up to make her happy. It was better to look like a walking glitter bomb than for Clementine to be frowning 24/7. 

"Stop picking at the glitter!" Clementine swatted Finnick's hands that had worked absent-mindedly at the glitter on his upper arms, peeling parts of it off piece by piece. 

"Did you really have to dump the whole tub of glitter on me? That seemed slightly excessive," Finnick pointed to the empty container of glitter that Clementine had snatched when they had been shopping for their outfits.  She insisted that it would elevate the look. Whatever that meant. 

Clementine nodded her head, crossing her arms. "Everything I do is on purpose, duh." 

Finnick snorted as he stood up from their hotel bed. They had rented out two rooms on opposite floors to keep the suspicion levels down, but they had decided to share Finnick's room so they didn't have to sleep apart, even if it was for only a night.