46 - WYR: awkward at home or awkward at Ivan's?

FIDAN

I'm out of my mind.

Finley's out of her mind. How did we think this was going to work? Why did we think this was going to work?

I love her. I'm fucking in love with her. Doesn't matter what she said to me, I've always been self destructive, and she's sitting in my living room in lined jeans and a hoodie with shorter hair that's still sleek and shiny and good to run my fingers through and she's... fuck. She's Finley Shaw and I love her.

PEANUT GALLERY AND FIDAN

FIDAN: finley has to crash with me for a couple days wtf do i do?

HUGO: how the hell did that happen?

FIDAN: her apartment is frozen out and none of her friends are back yet

HUGO: stick her in a hotel idk

IVAN: just keep your dick in your pants and you should be fine, right?

FIDAN: ivan, im assuming this is a 'do as i say and not as I do' situation considering the riley mess?

IVAN: should've never told her we were at Caseys

IVAN: bad idea on my part

FIDAN: i still think you just need to fuck and make up

HUGO: ^^ am i allowed to have that same idea about you and finley???

FIDAN: absolutely not

It is extremely difficult for us to give each other the you-don't-exist treatment in my thimble-sized apartment. Really, there's three rooms. My bedroom, the bathroom, and the kitchen and living area. It's microscopic. I can't eat my meager dinner without bumping into her unless I eat it leaning against the counter in the kitchen, so I eat it leaning against the counter in the kitchen.

I promptly disappear into my bedroom, but the problem there is that Jorgen told me to remove anything of distraction from my bedroom, so the room is quite literally just my bed, as it has been for weeks. I run out of things to do immediately.

And, well, I need to be making friends.

"I'm going to Ivan's." I grab my coat and my scarf on the way toward the door. Finley watches me from her spot on the couch, laptop open, textbooks open even though I'm pretty damn sure she's not in school right now, studying or whatever she gets up to.

"You don't need to tell me where you're going, but have a good time or whatever."

I give her a thumbs up over my shoulder and slip out the door. Tonight is cold, but tomorrow is going to be worse. If I was reading the weather reports right, it's a good thing that our game is scheduled for one in the afternoon because it's supposed to start snowing at a ridiculous clip around four. I believe the news report was expecting up to six foot drifts in some areas, but really around two feet of snowfall overall. It's not unheard of, I suppose, and I certainly saw stuff like that south of here last year in Minnesota, but it does mean that without anywhere to go, and now with a new house guest, I'll probably be pretty eager to get the hell out of the house. More so than I am now.

Ivan lives maybe five minutes away. I really should just suck it up and walk, but it's too damn cold to force myself to do that right now, so I hop in my car in the underground garage and I drive the five minutes and I park it in a different lot.