Dress for Success

Authors Note - Sorry this chapter took so long, other chapters will also probably take this long so that's quite unfortunate.

"Milo! It's all you!" Nemona cried out as Milo Terastallized Reggie, causing him to explode in a shower of fiery crystals. The Tera Fuecoco let out a growl as he faced down a strange floating Pokémon covered in green crystals. The three other members of the Crystal Containment Crew that were currently attempting to bring down the Tera Flittle standing in the center of the chamber redoubled their efforts.

Nemona had decided to tag along when Milo had told her he wanted to expand his team. The Champion decided to sit back and watch as Milo started catching his next batch of Pokémon, offering advice whenever Milo asked for her expert opinion. He had started out fairly lucky, encountering a Grass Tera Den and using Reggie to great effect.

One Tera-boosted Ember later and the Tera Flittle's crown exploded, allowing Milo to follow up with a Poké Ball throw and catch it. The teen walked over and regarded the Poké Ball with a small smile.

"Slowly rebuilding, teammate by teammate." Milo muttered under his breath before turning around and seeing Nemona jogging towards him with an excited grin.

"That was awesome! I don't usually mess with Tera Dens because I'm awful at throwing Poké Balls, but you're in your element!" Nemona praised Milo, who blushed at the compliment. The other three students who had been helping him take down the Tera Flittle all smirked at the exchange. Milo thanked them for their help, and accepted their rewards in return.

After Nemona and Milo crawled out of the Tera Den, the Galarian sent out his newly captured Pokémon and regarded the small floating creature with a smile.

He then pulled out his phone and accessed the Pokédex entry for the Flittle as it regarded him with curiosity. "Flittle. The Frill Pokémon. Flittle's toes levitate about half an inch above the ground because of the psychic power emitted from the frills on the Pokémon's belly. This Flittle is Female and has the Ability Frisk. Its Tera Type is Grass."

"That could be helpful. I don't have a Psychic-type yet." Milo remarked as he registered the Pokémon to himself. "Now the hard part. Naming her."

"That's the hard part? I love coming up with names for my Pokémon. It's really rewarding after the whole catching them part." Nemona remarked as she sat down on the grass, grinning at her rival and friend. Milo nodded as he considered it.

"I'm drawing a total blank. She's kinda dainty and pretty, so maybe a name that's pretty?" Milo remarked, causing the Flittle to let out a happy cry. "Good to know that she likes being called pretty."

"Fiona is a pretty name! How about that?" Nemona suggested, with Milo blinking several times in surprise. Mostly because he was shocked that his friend's first suggestion was a great name. Unfortunately another unwelcome presence agreed as well.

Considering how shit you are at naming things, maybe you should just field the names to Nemona from now on. Reggie and maybe Cocoa are just about the only names you've come up with that weren't lame as hell.

Milo growled internally but he registered the Flittle's name in his Pokédex and then thanked Nemona for her help. With that, the two students continued on their way back to Naranja Academy.

After defeating Katy, Milo and Nemona spent several days exploring the area around Cortondo as well as various landmarks and ruins in the area. Milo had gotten a crash course in history from the Champion-ranked Trainer as well. Nemona was more than happy to expound at length the various battles that happened just a few miles away from Cortondo, but thankfully always well away from the farming town.