The News

One week before the graduation ball.

It was Thursday when Aurora received the news. Sejanus was dead. He had been caught in a plan to help people from the districts escape across the borders. Aurora couldn't believe it.

In the silence that followed the news, Aurora found herself immersed in a sea of mourning. The world continued to spin, indifferent to the pain that now inhabited her heart. Sejanus, who had always been a constant presence, a beacon of hope and resistance, had departed, leaving behind an immeasurable void.

Memories flooded Aurora's mind, each bringing with it the sweet bitterness of what would never be again. The plans they had made, the shared laughter, the moments of defiance against the injustices of the world – all now seemed like fragments of a shattered dream. Mourning mixed with disbelief as she tried to process the loss. Sejanus, who had always fought for freedom and justice, had been silenced in his last attempt to bring hope to those who had nothing left to lose.

Aurora remembered the last conversations, the promises made, and the dreams shared. She allowed herself to feel every wave of sadness, every sigh of longing. There was no rush to dry the tears, no need to hide the pain. Sejanus deserved every moment of silence, every gesture of remembrance.

And so, Aurora walked, one step at a time, through the cloudy days of mourning. Knowing that, although Sejanus had departed, the memories and legacy he left would continue to inspire and move those he touched. And in every heart he warmed, in every life he changed, Sejanus would live – not as a flame that fades, but as a star that, once ignited, never ceases to shine in the firmament of those who loved him. He died a hero, and Aurora promised herself that she would pass on his story, so everyone would know who he was and what he fought for.

The next day, with the discovery of Sejanus's tragic death, the only son of Mr. Plinth, the atmosphere in the Capital became even darker. Despair and anguish hung in the air as residents tried to process the loss of one of their own. Mr. Plinth, consumed by the pain of losing his son, spared no effort to ensure that justice was done.

He made an unwavering demand to the Capital: to bring Coriolanus back immediately, before something similar happened to the young man. His voice carried so much weight that even Dr. Gaul, one of the most powerful and feared figures in the Capital, had to yield to his will. Despite not liking the idea of interrupting the meticulously planned Hunger Games, she could not ignore Mr. Plinth's influence.

While obeying Mr. Plinth's orders, Dr. Gaul seethed with anger inside. She knew that Coriolanus was involved in the incident that culminated in Mayfair Lipp's death, and now he was being summoned back to the Capital, where she could no longer control him. With a cold expression on her face, Dr. Gaul began to plot her revenge. She was determined to make Coriolanus pay for what he had done, but not just him. All those who dared to challenge her authority or threaten her interests would be targets of her wrath. Meanwhile, Coriolanus found himself engulfed in a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. On the one hand, he was relieved to temporarily escape District 12, where his presence was now synonymous with danger and suspicion. On the other hand, he felt guilty for Sejanus's death and worried about what awaited him in the Capital.

Upon returning to the Capital, he knew he would have to face not only the consequences of his actions but also the relentless fury of Dr. Gaul. However, his determination to survive and protect those he loved only grew as he prepared for the confrontation to come. And amid all this turmoil, he remembered Aurora, his light amid the darkness that surrounded him. But she hated him now; he had made her hate him.