Chapter 2

A day had passed. Then 2 days. Then a week. Then a week blended into weeks. It's been a few weeks since Alakai has been kidnapped and imprisoned. Bloodied clothes sticking to his skin. Scars and wounds were evident on his body, legs and arms. They would remain there for life; a reminder of what had happened, a symbol of everything he had lost in such a short amount of time. There was even a scar across his right eye but luckily he wasn't blinded.

"Hello again, you weird monster. Not gonna greet me again? Well, that's fine. It's time for your daily beating," The mysterious kidnapper said, grinning. As Alakai was getting beaten up, he did not show any signs of emotions, no crying, no sad looks, no anger, no nothing. He was completely unfazed. It was as if all emotions were completely void on his face. Moreover, although this angered the kidnappers, they also felt happy because they could beat him up as much as they want and as long as they want.

Suddenly, there was a loud 'bang' sound. Dust clouds filling up the room; making it impossible to see clearly. Noises of groaning in pain and smashing could be heard. Those noises then died down and footsteps became louder as a figure made their way closer to Alakai. The dusts dissipated and he looked up and saw a guy with wide eyes, drooping eyelids and downcast eyes. He looked shocked and sad while looking at Alakai. He also had panic and worry shown in his eyes. The guy then went to break the chains. The guy took off his jacket and placed it around Alakai to cover him up as his clothes were terribly torn and bloodied and to hide his species features. The guy helped him up and took him to a house which seemed to be his. The guy brought him in the house and sat him down on the soft, comfortable sofa. The guy left to get him a drink and came back with a cup of water. The guy handed him the cup but Alakai was staring straight down and not looking up.

"How are you? Are you okay? Please look at me, Prince Alakai," The guy said. Alakai then looked up at him after hearing his name being mentioned.

"What? What did you call me?" Alakai asked.

"Prince Alakai. You're the young prince of Aurexia right?"

"Yeah... But how'd you know?"

"You see, I'm from Aurexia too. You can call me 'K'."

"Oh, alright..."

"I was sent to take care of you and teach you magic. I'm sorry I was late. Because of me, you had to experience all that," The guy stated with downcast eyes.

"..."

"Hah... Tomorrow we'll start training, alright? You can just rest today."

"Okay."

The guy, whose name is 'K', showed Alakai to his room, an empty guest bedroom. He looked around the room and was told to take a shower in the bathroom, with fresh, new clothes brought to him. After that, K went to treat his wounds and scars. Alakai then got on the bed and laid down. He was extremely tired but had immense insomnia because he wasn't able to sleep during the time when he was kidnapped so he had trouble falling asleep. He stayed up for quite a while until K entered his room to check up on him.

"?... You're still awake? Why aren't you asleep yet?" K asked with concern.

"I can't sleep," Alakai answered.

"... Do you... have insomnia...?"

"Yes."

"That must have really taken a toll on your mental huh? It's understandable. Try to fall asleep. I'll stay with you until you do," K reassured him and kept his word. Eventually, Alakai was able to fall asleep and K returned to his room.

(A/N: Sorry for the long wait. I've been procrastinating a lot and having no motivation to write but I've started writing again so hopefully I can continue and give y'all more chapters ^^. Thank you)