After saying that, he hung his head helplessly like a child who had done something wrong.

Then he tried to make up for it and said timidly: "Did you see the fireworks that day?"

After hearing this, Ye Chuyan covered her eyes with her hands, crying and laughing.

The fireworks that day were indeed set off by Wu Mu for her to see.

How could there be such a stupid fool as Wu Mu in the world? How virtuous and capable is she to let Wu Mu do this for her?

It took a long time for Ye Chuyan to calm down and start analysing the matter for Wu Mu.

"Nan Gongli is very secretive. He told you about me but didn't ask for anything. The meaning behind it must not be that simple. It's just that I didn't think of it at the moment."

"You let your fourth sister offend me in public today, which is a disgrace to the Qing Palace. Pei Xiuyan is not a tolerant person and will definitely embarrass the Wu family afterwards."

"I'm writing to tell you that I will come to find you and I will definitely not break my promise. Please don't be impulsive. Why should you be in a hurry?"

Wu Mu sighed and said cautiously: "I'm sorry, Ayan, I was too impatient. I will never do anything you don't let me do in the future."

Ye Chuyan was dumbfounded by Wu Mu's childlike attitude.

After she finished laughing, she thought about it and said what she had been wanting to tell Wu Mu for a while.

"You are the young master of the Wu family. You must be more prudent in your actions in the future, especially don't do anything outrageous like running away from home again..."

"I am now the daughter of a sinner, and I am not worthy of your kindness to me. Don't do these things for me again in the future."

"Xiao Mu Mu, if you don't mind me, I'm willing to call you Xiao Mu Mu and treat you as my younger brother. You can treat me more like my elder sister."

After saying this, she raised her eyes and asked, "Xiao Mumu, do you understand what I mean?"

She knew what Wu Mu was thinking, and she couldn't delay Wu Mu.

Wu Mu stood up suddenly, his hands and feet shaking with anger.

"Ayan, how many times have I said that I don't want to be your brother, and I don't want you to be my sister either?"

"I don't understand why you said that? You refused me to marry Pei Xiuyan before, and now you are unwilling to accept my kindness to you!"

He was angry and anxious, and shouted: "What's the point of staying in the Qing Palace now? Do you love Pei Xiuyan so much? Even if he framed the Ye family and destroyed the Ye family with his own hands, will you continue to stay with him?"

Ye Chuyan was stunned on the spot.

Wu Mu's heart tightened, as she seemed to have poked a sore spot in Ayan's body.

He softened his posture and almost begged: "Ayan, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that just now. It's all my fault that I said something indiscriminately. Don't be angry. As long as you say a word, I will try my best. Take you out of the Qing Palace and overturn the case for the Ye family."

Ye Chuyan came back to her senses and looked at Wu Mu, her thoughts racing for a moment.

Leaving the Qing Palace? The emperor hated Huang Shang's influence the most, and she could not drag Wu Mu into eternal disaster.

Growing up, this boy had almost betrayed his heart to her. How could she bear to blame him? How could she bear to let him get entangled with a person like herself who was riddled with holes?

Four years ago, she married Pei Xiuyan and hurt this young man. Now, she is not worthy of this boy.

Ye Chuyan slowly stood up and looking at Wu Mu.

She said word by word: "Wu Mu, listen. I love Pei Xiuyan, even if he destroys the Ye family, I will still love him. I have loved him for twelve years, and no matter what he does, I can't let him go. Do you understand??”

"I don't care about you reversing the case for the Ye family, and I don't want to leave the Qing Palace!"

If she can't persuade him, then she can only cut off everything.

Wu Mu seemed to be frozen, unable to move.

The whole figure was dragged into the endless abyss, sinking, sinking, sinking into chaos, and could no longer feel itself.

Until the waiter knocked on the door outside, "Sir, your food is here."

Wu Mu came back to her senses, glanced at Ye Chuyan mechanically, opened the door and left without saying a word.

Ye Chuyan sat blankly on the chair, staring blankly at the food in front of her.

As soon as these words were spoken, it was hard to stop the flood. From now on, her ‘little piece of wood’ will no longer be there.

Wu Mu may be the only light for the rest of her life, but now, the light is gone. This road of revenge is dark and dirty, and she can only walk it alone.

After a long time, she held her face and allowed tears to overflow from between her fingers. She lowered her head and murmured, "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."

She broke the boy's heart again.

The door was pushed open again, and Ye Chuyan raised her head with tears in her eyes, facing Pei Xiuyan's cold face.

"Why are you crying?!"

*If you think the novel is very exciting, please vote and share it with your friends. Thank you for your support!*