28. Black Wedding II

"MY GOODNESS!"

"LORD!"

"That is disgusting!"

"Oh nooo.. the king's dress!"

In a twist of fate, Taehyung's lie turned to reality, as he actually fell ill and collapsed, his body wracked with coughs. Rather than being disgusted like everyone Jungkook's heart swelled with worry. He wanted to pick him up but there's a rule to act in public. Fortunately, Yoongi was fast to notice Jungkook's hesitancy and stood steadfast by Taehyung's side, offering support and aid.

"I'll escort him away."

"Your Majesty, I think you should change your attire. Let the General assist you. Hey boy! Yes you!"

Seokjin called Jimin who was already looking at him with a panicked face.

"Take him with you to the servants quarter and what are you all staring at? Clean up this mess for God's sake!"

Jimin understood Seokjin's message. He hurriedly came over and hoisted Taehyung up to his feets. They quickly left without looking back. Jungkook also left to change but could not avoid the sudden ominous feeling.
.
.
.

"What the hell was that? Are you okay?!"

"Of course not but I had no choice...seems like after a long time the Gods above heard my prayers"

"Yeah..by making you vomit all over the King"

Taehyung didn't mind Jimin taunting.

"I already gathered the things you want but are you sure you want to do this? Do you trust that man Tae?"

"That man? That man was our King Jimin! He is our only way to home. Why are we having the same talk over and over again?"

"Because Jungkook is our King now, not him. A lot time has passed Jungkook has changed, he is learning from his past mistakes. I don't think he will be like the former king-"

"STOP! J-just... please you will lose your brother if you keep continuing... you will lose your only family which is me!"

Jimin knew it was more than running away. Taehyung was masking his true feelings with rage, revenge and hatred. The man he started to form feelings for was marrying another woman. How could he bear to stay under the same roof knowing there won't be any happy ending like those Prince and Princess's love stories grandma used to tell.

He wasn't a Prince or a Princess. He was a slave.
.
.
.

"Hyung"

"Yes, Your Majesty?"

Yoongi asked putting the new cloak over Jungkook's shoulder.

"Do you sense it?"

"Sense what?"

"Feels like a storm is coming"

"What do you want me to do?"

A small chapped smile formed over Jungkook's lips. He barely needed to elaborate the situation to Yoongi, some small words were enough to alert him to take action.

"Higher the Guards All Around The Palace. That little bird is up to something..."
.
.
.

"Why we need to burn this place when we could just run away quietly?"

"For distraction. It would keep them busy clearing out the fire. We will act like we are helping them but when the smoke thickens we will be long gone."

"I don't know... something feels off. A fire will alert everyone including the Guards outside. Think about it!"

Suddenly, Tae realised Jimin did make sense. Was Baekhyun hiding something? Was there any other hidden plan where they weren't included?

A sudden anxiety swept through Taehyung.

'Is there any chance to die in this fire? Does he want us dead? Does he want us caught red handed?'

'No...it's too late to have suspicions.'

Today is not the day I die in this hell.

<<<_______________________>>>

Next chapter will be last chapter of Season One.

Let me spoil just a lil detail-

"The Runaway" will be the title.

If I don't update the next chapter within this month, spam my inbox.