Chapter 10: Ember

It's been a month since I go out in the mansion and I'm going to visit Ember. I don't know why but everytime I see Ember my heart feels like I'm seeing the little version of me. The way she's smile at me it feels like she's my child kung hindi lang sana namatay ang anak ko .It will be the same age of her and they're so alike.When I see her I can't help to remember my daughter from her.Remembering the memory of her daughter and the tears escape to my eyes.

Three years ago..
Mom please help us . I called my mom crying afraid of our life.

What happened bony? My mom ask me.

Someone's following us mom. It's a black car and they are targeting us.

Mama who are they?.Ask of my three year old daughter and a fear visible to her eyes.

Baby Hindi ko alam .Huwag Kang matakot nandito si Mama mo I will protect you no matter what happen .I hug her and silently crying afraid of our life.

Bony please stay calm .The back up is already on their way. Be strong and think your daughter .Calmly said to her mother in the other line.

Bang , bang , bang. A loud noise of gunfire aiming the wheels of her car .

Shit . I curse while driving fastly and I look my daughter sadly.

Baby listen to mommy please hide yourself under the chair , close your eyes and cover your ears . If something happen don't show up yourself just stay hidden . Promise me.I said to my two year old daughter looking at me but she just remain calm at her age she's matured enough to know.I look at her with love and I  smile hiding my fear from her.

Yes mama I promised. Ang maliit nitong katawan ay agad pumunta sa ilalim ng upuan sapat na hindi ito makikita. Mabilis akong nagdrive at pinagmamasdan ang nakasunod na kalaban sa rearview mirror.I get the gun  and I open the window of the driver side .I pull the trigger aiming the car near them at tumama ang bala sa gulong ng sasakyan .Nagpagewang gewang ito at bumangga sa poste ng kuryente. May tatlong sasakyan pa ang nakabuntot sa kanya and I shoot the other one pero nakaiwas ito at nag overtake ito sa kanya .Ginasgas nito ang harapan ng sasakyan niya at Nakita niya Ang isa pang sasakyan na halos Isang metro Ang layo sa sasakyan niya.I lose hope when the another car coming from the left side of my car . My car got trapped at the center from the three car .

Mom I think it's too late. I'm trapped. I cried looking at my daughter hiding herself under the passenger seat and I losing the hope to survive.I stop driving and it's better to surrender myself .

Bony I'm sorry but I think it's better for you to give up now. Stop hiding yourself from them. My mother said to me in low tone.
Nagtaka ako bakit hindi pa dumadating ang backup and why my mother suddenly telling me to give up .

Mom are you fooling me? I angrily said to her .

I'm sorry Bony but I'm not ready for setting you free. I need you more right now .I feel betrayed for what I hear from my mother for all of my life I have been manipulate from her and using my daughter is her ace from me.

Why mom? I thought your giving me my freedom . I cried asking her .

Bony It's better for you to stay in our side and I want to protect both of you from them. You cannot even protect yourself and don't bring my granddaughter. My mother firmly said and hang up the call.