{Shadows Unveiled}

Start from the beginning

Nozomi's expression turns thoughtful, a hint of sadness in her eyes.

**Nozomi:** "Ren... There's a lot we need to sort out. His actions, his choices—they weren't entirely his own. But he's still my brother, and I need to find a way to reach him, to help him."

Bakugo listens, his respect for Nozomi growing. She faces her challenges head-on, with a strength that he admires. As the evening light fades, the three of them sit on a bench, the sound of the stream a gentle backdrop to their conversation.

It's a moment of peace, a brief respite in their tumultuous lives, where hope seems possible, and the path forward, though uncertain, is one they've chosen to walk together.

The sun is setting, casting a warm glow over the park where Nozomi, Daiki, and Bakugo have settled after the day's emotional confrontation. They sit on a bench by the stream, the atmosphere lighter now, a gentle camaraderie taking the place of tension.

Daiki, with a mischievous glint in his eye, turns to Bakugo, who sits with his arms crossed, his usual stern expression in place.

**Daiki:** "You know, Bakugo, for a guy who's been through a lot today, you've still got that tough-guy face on. What's the deal? You practicing for a scowl competition?"

Bakugo's eyes narrow, but there's a hint of amusement in them—a rare sight.

**Bakugo:** "Hah, very funny. I don't 'practice' anything. This is just my face."

Nozomi chuckles, enjoying the rare sight of Bakugo being the subject of teasing rather than the one dishing it out.

**Daiki:** "Oh, come on. You can't tell me you don't stand in front of a mirror flexing those frown muscles. It's okay to smile, you know. The world won't end."

Bakugo grunts, trying to maintain his composure, but the corners of his mouth twitch, betraying his efforts to stay stoic.

**Nozomi:** "I think it's just his way, Daiki. But I've seen him smile. It happens... once in a blue moon."

The three of them share a laugh, the sound mingling with the rustling leaves and the babbling of the stream. It's a moment of lightness that lifts their spirits, a reminder that even heroes need to take a step back and find humor in the little things.

Bakugo, caught off guard by Daiki's playful jab, tries to maintain his tough exterior, but the hint of a smirk betrays his amusement. He's not used to being on the receiving end of teasing, especially not in such a light-hearted manner.

**Bakugo:** "Keep it up, and you'll see just how tough I can be. But not today... today, you get a pass."

His words are gruff, but the slight ease in his posture and the twinkle in his eye show that he's taken Daiki's teasing in stride. It's a rare moment of levity for Bakugo, and it's clear that despite his protests, he doesn't mind the banter.

Nozomi watches the exchange with a smile, appreciating the rare sight of Bakugo's softer side. It's moments like these that remind her that beneath the explosive quirk and fiery attitude, Bakugo is still human, capable of friendship and camaraderie.

As the trio sits in the quiet park, Daiki turns to Nozomi with a curious look.

**Daiki:** "Nozomi, how did you even find out about father's plan? What led you to uncover the truth?"

Nozomi takes a moment before answering, her gaze distant as she recalls the painful memory.

**Nozomi:** "It was Takashi. He confronted me, knew things he shouldn't have known. He revealed the extent of father's manipulation, the plans that cost our mothers their lives."

Bakugo listens intently, his protective instincts flaring up at the mention of Takashi's name.

**Daiki:** "Takashi... I never trusted him. But to think he was involved to that extent..."

Nozomi nods, her hands clenched into fists at the thought.

**Nozomi:** "Yes, and it's because of him that I'm determined to set things right. We can't let father's darkness define us or our actions."

Daiki looks at Nozomi, a newfound respect in his eyes. Bakugo, still processing the information, remains silent but supportive, his presence a constant reassurance.

The park's gentle ambiance invites nostalgia, and as the trio settles into the comfort of old memories, Nozomi and Daiki reminisce about their childhood days before the complexities of U.A. High School and hero training.

**Nozomi:** "Do you remember when we used to play heroes and villains in the backyard? You always wanted to be the cunning villain with the grand plans."

Daiki laughs, a sound that seems to transport him back to those carefree days.

**Daiki:** "Yeah, and you were always the hero who somehow managed to foil my 'evil schemes'. I guess some things don't change."

Bakugo, listening to their stories, can't help but feel a sense of warmth at the innocent memories they share.

**Nozomi:** "And the time you tried to build that fortress out of cardboard boxes. It was supposed to be your villain lair, but it just kept falling over."

**Daiki:** "Hey, it was a work in progress! But you were always there to help rebuild it. Even then, you were looking out for me."

The conversation flows easily, filled with laughter and the occasional playful jab. Bakugo finds himself drawn into the stories, offering his own childhood anecdotes, and for a moment, they're all just kids again, sharing tales of simpler times.

The park's serene atmosphere encourages a trip down memory lane. Nozomi, feeling the warmth of shared stories, turns to Bakugo with a curious tilt of her head.

**Nozomi:** "What about you, Bakugo? What were your childhood games like? Did you always play the hero?"

Bakugo, usually so guarded, allows a rare glimpse into his past.

**Bakugo:** "Hah, I didn't 'play' heroes. I was training to be one. Always pushing to be stronger, faster... better."

Daiki chuckles, nudging Bakugo playfully.

**Daiki:** "Sounds intense. No mock villain lairs made out of cardboard for you, then?"

Bakugo smirks, shaking his head.

**Bakugo:** "Cardboard wouldn't have survived my explosions. I built mine from scrap metal and anything else that could handle the blast."

Nozomi laughs, imagining a young Bakugo, so similar to the one she knows now, full of determination and fiery ambition.

**Nozomi:** "I can just picture it. A mini fortress with 'Keep Out' signs all over."

Bakugo's eyes light up, a spark of pride flickering within.

**Bakugo:** "Yeah, and nobody dared to come near it. That was my domain."

The conversation flows, weaving together the tapestry of their individual pasts into a shared narrative. It's a moment of connection, of understanding, and of friendship that transcends their current struggles.