The Hopeless Romantic Geoffrey: A Maggot Love Story

Since Geoffrey opened his green, light-sensitive cells for eyes, he knew he had met the lady maggot of his dreams.

She was short yet slim, small yet fast, and most of all…

…she was beautiful.

Her name was Lillian, and she had arrived in Maggotsville just a few hours after Geoffrey had. They were practically family already! However, Geoffrey was too shy to even say hi to her.

Every time Geoffrey approached Lillian at the feeding grounds, he started to choke up and always found a way to mess up his words.

His little maggot friends encouraged him to go for it and not worry too much about messing up.

But little Geoffrey did not listen. He was too caught up in his head.

As minutes and hours passed inside Maggotsville, Geoffrey developed a love for poetry and singing. Sometimes, he would sneak away from the maggot masses that swarmed around Maggotsville and go off on his own to practice his songs by the vocal cords. He would strum the vocal cords with his head while singing miraculously from his spiracles. He was a very passionate maggot at the age of six hours, and he dedicated all his lovely songs to the one and only Lillian, whom he hoped to sing to one day.

With a song in his heart and a deep pride in his mind, Geoffrey practiced his song throughout the night, taking some flesh-eating breaks in the process.

Then, it was time.

The day had come, and Geoffrey had evolved into an even larger maggot– now with some durable mouth hooks to help him eat! Surely Lillian would love him now that he was bigger and stronger.

Before Geoffrey could sing his song to Lillian, he had to allow his voice to rest for a short while. First, he ate some flesh off the sheltering walls of Maggotsville to regain his strength. Then he found some stomach fluids to wash all the fleshy gunk out of his tiny mouth and throat. After that, he warmed up his singing voice as he wriggled over to where the rest of the maggots were. He was going to find his beloved Lillian and prove to her that he was the best maggot to be her suitor.

“Why hello there, Lady Lillian.” A strangely charming voice echoed through the stomach chambers. It was Geoffrey’s all-time rival: Ronaldo Christian, the most handsome maggot in all of Maggotsville!

Ronaldo Christian was not only the most handsome maggot but the most popular too. He had fabulous hair that made all the other male maggots jealous (In reality, it was just a clump of hair he found and chose to wear). Not to mention, he was athletic and always made it to the best flesh scraps first. No one could beat him in a food race!

However, despite his name, Ronaldo Christian was an atheist! While the rest of the maggots respectfully worshipped their Savior, Beezus Christ, Ronaldo Christian would spend his time playing catch with his brother Chad. The two brothers would toss and catch a lump of tissue around when the other maggots had their daily religious rituals.

No one understood why Ronaldo Christian and Chad were atheists, but all the lady maggots seemed to love it.

Geoffrey grew bitter at the sight of Ronaldo Christian making a move on his lady.

How dare he flirt with her? Geoffrey thought to himself. He’s hogging her all to himself!

Ronaldo Christian and Lillian didn’t seem to notice that Geoffrey was there. They were too busy chatting with each other.

"Uh, he–hello there, Lillian!” Geoffrey said.
Ronaldo Christian and Lillian turned their little maggot heads to get a good look at Geoffrey.

“What do you want, little guy? We’re busy,” Ronaldo Christian snarled.