the unsure feeling

The sun shines through the gaps in the plane trees on campus and falls on the bustling crowd. As the bell rings again and again, the hustle and bustle on campus gradually quietens down, and the teacher's lectures can be heard in every classroom. But this ordinary day means a new beginning for me, Chen Yifei.
I stood in the corner of the classroom, my eyes searching for a certain figure unconsciously. Xu Nianci, my friend since childhood, is also the one I secretly protect. Our families are neighbors and our relationship with each other is as close as family. But recently, I found that my mood started to be a little different. Whenever I saw her talking to other boys, I would feel unspeakable sadness in my heart."Yifei, are you looking for me?" Xu Nianci's voice interrupted my thoughts. I quickly came back to my senses and pretended to smile casually.
"Oh, no, just to see if you're here." I tried my best to look relaxed.
Xu Nianci walked towards me, her eyes shining brightly, "I heard that the school is holding a basketball game today, do you want to participate?"
"Yes, I want to participate." I nodded, thinking silently that this might be an opportunity to show off myself in front of her.
"Then I will definitely go and cheer for you!" Her voice was full of encouragement, and a warm current suddenly surged in my heart, but I quickly covered it up.
"As long as you come." I said calmly, but I was secretly making a decision in my heart. I must win this game.
The day of the game came quickly, and my teammates and I dressed in school team sportswear and got ready to play. Seeing Xu Nianci looking at me expectantly on the sidelines, I secretly swore in my heart that I would not let her down.
As the whistle blew, I seemed to leave all my anxiety and nervousness behind and just focus on the basketball and the rim. Whenever I score, I will subconsciously look in the direction of Xu Nianci. Every time she smiles and claps, her eyes full of approval.
Halfway through the game, an accident happened. In order to steal the opponent's ball, I accidentally sprained my ankle. The pain made me almost unable to stand. Xu Nianci immediately ran over and said anxiously while supporting me, "Yifei, are you okay? Do you need to go to the infirmary?"
Looking at her worried eyes, I instantly forgot the pain, "I'm fine, the game is not over yet, I want to continue."
At this moment, I seemed to understand something, but it was so vague. I secretly told myself that after the game, I must find an opportunity to have a good talk with her...