ix

ix. michael

I think I was way too harsh on Liberty. I should've turned around the second time she called my name. I picked up my phone and gave her a call and watched as the guilt ate me alive when she didn't pick up.

I decided to head over to her house and apologize in person.

I pulled up to her huge house only to see that some guy was leaving her house a smirk clear on his face as he texted.

I walked by him, bumping my shoulder on his as I made my way to Liberty's door. I had a strong feeling that was Terrence.

I knocked at the door impatiently as I heard laughing on the other side.

A girl who looked just like Liberty opened the front door with a little girl at her side. "You're Michael, right?" She asked.

"Yeah, and you are?"

"I'm Aqua, and this is Goldy." ((a/n: if u forget who Aqua is, she's Liberty's older sister. she was in the story a few chapters back bc she was laughing at Liberty for wearing the tiara Goldy made her wear.))

"Nice to meet you, Aqua," I crouched down to Goldy's height and waved at her. "You too, Goldy."

Goldy giggled and looked away, "You're Libby's boyfriend."

I smiled brokenly and walked past them in the tight space they made for me to enter.

"Who's at the door?" Liberty's angelic voice called. "If it's Terrence tell him we can work on the dance some other day, because I'm-"

I walked into her kitchen where she was conversing with a man in his early twenties.

"Michael, hi." She said.

The older man made eye contact with me and back at Liberty and stood up, leaving. "I'll give you guys time to talk."

"Who was he?" I asked, dodging the apology. I'd get to it later.

"That's Brent, my older brother- I actually never remembered having an older brother but now that he's bringing back all theses memories it seems to put all the lost puzzle pieces together."

A smile spread across my face in joy for her. "That's great, Liberty,"

She frowned, "You didn't call me Cinderella, why?"

I didn't have an answer so I just kept quiet.

"Michael, I'm sorry that Terrence answered my phone. I didn't know it was you calling I thought it was Dahlia or someone else. If I knew it was you, I would've took the phone from him and talked to you."

"No, Liberty, you shouldn't be apologizing, I should be on my knees begging for forgiveness because so don't deserve it. I shouldn't have walked out on you, I shouldn't have yelled at you just for someone else answering your phone-"

"Michael, though it isn't your fault I forgive you."

She pecked me on the cheek, "Now what do I have to do to get you to call me Cinderella again?"

"Hm, I was thinking a kiss on my lips would do."

She narrowed her eyes, "Don't push it."

I grinned, "That's the Cinderella I know and love. How about a hug?"

She jumped into my arms, her legs wrapped around my waist tightly. She wrapped her arms around my neck and placed another peck on my cheek.

I'm pretty sure I was blushing.

☀︎☀︎☀︎

cute cute cute
im thinking about starting another story called headphones ((it's a mikey fic))

ive started writing it, but idk if ppl will read it, so comment if you would be up for it & ill post it!!

also i was thinking about writing like an interracial story about Skate or Sammy or maybe Dillon? im like obsessed w/ those now!! also comment if you want that!!

this chappie is dedicated to xlanderhood bc her stories black is beautiful & roommates give me life ok bye

-gen ☀︎