vii

vii. liberty

"No, Liberty!" My dance teacher grumbled. "Your front leg is straight and pointed and your back leg is bent and still pointed. It's basic leap, what are you not comprehending?"

"Sorry, Mrs. Thalia." I hadn't done firebirds since I was about thirteen, I can't remember from five years ago.

"Whatever," Mrs. Thalia was only twenty-three, so she's still really young and she acts like it.

"Terrence, come on, your partner is here waiting for you," Mrs. Thalia almost screamed in distress.

"Yes, M'am."

Terrence exited the pile of girls who were probably interrogating him outside the dance room. "Hi, I'm Terrence." He said to me, a bright, charming and confident smile covering his beautiful face. His blue eyes make me want to melt right there and than and his brown hair screamed for me to touch it.

"Hey, I'm Liberty," Giving him and awkward wave as I said this, I quickly turned away and towards the mirror.

"That's a cute name," He mused. "for a cute girl."

My cheeks flushed as I tried to contain myself. "Thanks,"

I turned to Mrs. Thalia who was making up choreography to the pop music that was playing.

The rest of class we spent learning our routine, but not all of it seeing it was pretty long. It consisted of holding hands, body rolls while I rest my head on his chest (basically a standing lap dance), cheeks kisses, lifts, and a huge kiss at the ending (says Mrs. Thalia).

"Hey, Liberty, since our routine covers a lot of touching and intimate stuff, you wanna hang out sometime to try and get rid of the awkwardness?"

"Oh, sure," I shrugged. I handed him my phone just as it started to ring and he answered it.

"Hello? Yes, she's here. Uh, no. I'm her dance partner. Ok, you do that, bye."

"Who was it?" I asked, a little irritated that he answered my phone.

"Some Michael dude." He waved it off as he put in his number and I grabbed his phone from his pocket putting in my number as well.

"Since I'm not doing anything, you wanna go somewhere now?"

"Uh, no, sorry I'm busy, but maybe tomorrow?" He asked, handing me my phone.

I could just skip online school, no biggy.

"Sure,"

☀︎☀︎☀︎
ok so picture on the side obviously Terrence is Sean bc he has brown hair

but im pretty sure Sean has Hazel eyes, nit blue but whatevs

-gen