The Party

I worm my way into a crimson lace crop top with a bow in the centre of my cleavage, partnering it with a denim low waisted mini skirt. It was from Urban Outfitters sale last year, but it fits like a dream. On my desk, sits my gold stainless steel waist chain with my initial dangling from the side of it. The gold pops against the denim skirt and makes the whole outfit come together quite effortlessly. Grabbing my phone of the side of my make up unit, I take a snap of my fit in front of the mirror and send it to my story. My phone begins to ping with messages from random thirsty boys, I ignore it and secure my hair with a few more bobby pins to make sure my little braids don't come out of position. My hair was inspired by Kendall Jenner's met look, she looked like an ethereal angel or deer.

As I arrived to Carter's I bang on the door twice.
Outside
I type to him.
He opens the message and I hear someone come down the stairs and to the door.
'You right?' He asks as he opens the door for me to enter.
'Yeah'
He takes his shoes and sits on the stairs untying them meticulously.
'You look nice' he smiles as he looks me up and down before slipping his trainers on.
'Thanks' I smile softly back at him.
'Where is it again' I ask as he pulls on the second shoe.
'A few blocks down' he replies as he secures the second lace.
'New shoes?' I ask raising an eyebrow.
'Yeah'
He stands up, grabs his keys, his bottle of beer and pulls the door to.
'Let's go'
We walk out of the house and into the fresh air.
'Want some?' He shoves the drink to me.
I take a swig and pass it back to him. Drinking isn't really my strongest suit. I don't even really like the taste of it.

We walk down a few roads and then I follow Carter into Jason's. The door is a light blue, a guy opens it for us and we enter.
'Cheers mate' Carter says, patting him on the back.
We walk through the house and into the garden. There's quite a few people here.
'Let's play spin the bottle' This tall guy with ginger hair comes out of the kitchen and plants a glass in the centre of this white outdoor table. It looked a bit shoddy from being used so much, one leg actually looked broken and haphazardly repaired.
People rotated and turned around and a gathering of us stood around.
'We all know the rules, but in case you don't, we spin, it lands, we spin again and whoever it lands on, they have to a) kiss or b) dare if they don't kiss.'
Standing next to Carter, I suddenly feel awkward.
'Can I have some more?' I ask him as I take his drink from his hands and down the alcohol.
The guy who initiated the game span the bottle. It landed on a girl wearing an all blue outfit and a matching headband. She then span it and it landed on a guy next to Carter.
'Kiss or dare?' The ginger guy asked them eyeballing both parties.
'3, 2, 1'
'Kiss'
'Dare'
They both said at the same time.
'Because he wanted a kiss and she wanted a dare, it's a dare!'
'Oooooo' people made noises and the guy got his hair ruffled by his mate next to him.
'Your dare is' the ginger guy spoke, 'to post a story of each other on each others phones' he rose his voice, 'we start easy'
Their phones get swapped and photos taken and uploaded.
'Spin again'
It landed on Carter. He took the bottle it span and landed ever so slightly on, me.
'3, 2, 1'
'Dare' we both spoke at the same time. Thank goodness.
'I dare you two to go upstairs in the top room'
What's the top room?
He threw Carter the keys and he caught them in a way which made me blush for no reason.
'Top room' he said as we walked out of the garden and up the stairs.
'Carter what's in the top room?' I ask as we walk up the carpet stairs.
'Nothing probably, they just think we are going to make out or something'
I follow his pace and when we reach the top room, he turns the key, jolts the door and unlocks it. Empty.
He jumps on the bed and I sit next to him again as the door closes from the weight of it. Why are we in bed again?
I look up at him and he's already kissing me.
'Carter' I pull away slightly.
'What, it's our dare' he grins through his teeth.
'No it's not' I tell him, 'our dare was to go to the top room'
He pushes himself further on me and I give in and kiss him back. His hands thread through my hair and make my crown tingle.
'Wow, you're a good kisser' he laughs, the alcohol definitely sinking in.
I smiled at him and we kissed again but more softly. He nudges me back on to the bed.
'Carter, shouldn't we be going back down the stairs?' I ask him as I hold my hands on his chest.
'No' he smiled as he snuggled into my chest, lying on top of me. We stay breathing the same breathe. Somewhat cosy. This is the guy from my seminar class I had to keep reminding myself. This has gone too far, again. We're cuddling in a strangers bed.
'You're so sexy' he starts, stroking my face and staring into my eyes, his are already bloodshot from the drink. Not sure what he downed before we left but it couldn't have just been that beer.
'I like these' he continues as he touches my braids with his big hands.
I lean over to the bedside table and pull on some reading glasses. They make my vision look all blurry.
He raises his eyebrows at me and it makes my stomach flip like a pancake. Still staring, I take them off slowly and push them on to his face.
'Fuck' he shakes his head and the glasses go flying across the room and crash into the leg of the chest of drawers. It all happens so quickly, I then burst out laughing.
'Shit' he says as he sees them across the room, unsure if they are damaged or not.
'What if you've broke them?' I say as I push my fingers through the crown of his head.
He pulls himself up and walks to pick them up.
'They're fine' he breathes, 'somehow'
'They were so fucking blurry'
'I know' I reply, 'didn't think you'd toss them across the room tho'
He places them back on the glasses case carefully and returns to lying on top of me.
'We don't touch those again' he says as he rests himself back down. He works his fingers up to my spaghetti strap on my red cami, teasing me even without looking at me directly. Our breath syncs back together in a way that feels oddly familiar.