•001

"Ang tanda tanda mo na iyakin ka pa!"

 But, are we not allowed to cry?

Back to when I was younger, I grew up to be mentally strong. Growing up in a household where you need to step up for yourself and learn to grow by yourself independently is a must. 

The phrase they usually say when I tend to cry on things that are small but has a big of an impact to my self-development and esteem. When I show my tears, they view me as something weak, vulnerable, and not capable of anything. 

In this household, I learned that your feelings are always invalidated yet not capable enough to make wise decision on yourself.

—————

Now that as I grew older, I deeply reflected on what does it really mean. How does it have a greater effect on affecting my decisions, growth, and health.

As I got older, I learned that this phrase has a big of an impact and shaped my perspective on things. I deeply reflected and found out that it is indeed okay to cry. It is okay to let your emotions be shown, and they aren't a form of weakness but, rather showing your strength and capability as a human to deeply show and express your feelings to others or yourself.

I learned that crying is a form of strength that helps on building who I am.

—————

Reminder:

Crying and showing emotions to yourself or others is not a form of weakness. It is a rebuild of your self-esteem and a restart of your development as an individual. Don't let your feelings be invalidated. Ignore what others has to say on your life. Learn to stand up on your own and crying does not only happen on people who are young, and emotionally incapable, but also to people who are capable of feeling this type of emotion. 

Let the tears flow, and let yourself be validated by surrounding yourself with people who value who you are and does not invalidated you by showing emotions!

-Lou🏹