Chapter 1

Tony Stark sits in an army vehicle, holding a glass of whiskey. Music plays on the radio in the SUV, all the army soldiers sitting tensely. Tony looks between them all, "I feel like you're driving me to court martial. This is crazy. What did I do?" Tony asks them. "I feel like you're gonna pull over and snuff me."

He looks over to the soldier sitting in the back with him, "what, you're not allowed to talk? Hey, Forrest..."

"We can talk, sir," the man, Forrest, says.

"Oh, I see," Tony states, "so it's personal?"

"No, you intimidate them," the driver says, her voice feminine.

"I knew I should've brought Gina with, oh well," Tony admits. "But dear God, you're a woman! I honestly, I couldn't have called that. I mean, I would apologize, but isn't that what we're going for here? I thought of you as a soldier first. Gina would scold me for this, but she's not here, is she?"

"I'm an airman," the woman tells Tony.

"Well you have actually excellent bone structure there," Tony compliments her, tilting his head slightly. "I'm kinda...having a hard time not looking at you now. Is that weird?" Tony asks.

The driver's passenger laughs, making Tony smile. "C'mon, it's okay, laugh. Hey!"

The driver's passenger turns slightly, looking at Tony. "Sir, I have two questions to ask."

"Yes, please," Tony encourages.

"Is it true you went 12-for-12 with last year's Maxim cover models?" The man asks, "and who is older? You or Regina Stark?"

"That is an excellent question. Yes and no," Tony replies, removing his sunglasses, "March and I had a scheduling conflict, but fortunately the Christmas cover was twins." He takes a sip from his glass of whiskey, before replying to the second question. "As for who's older, Regina Celeste Stark is the older one. And I'm regrettably the younger twin. Anything else?"

The soldier beside him raises his hand slightly, like a timid kid in class. Tony looks over, "you're kidding me with a hand up, right?"

"Is it cool if I take a picture with you?" the soldier asks.

"Yes," Tony agrees, "it's very cool." The man pulls something out of one of his many pockets, a camera. He passes it over to the driver's passenger, as he scoots closer to Tony. "I don't wanna see this on your MySpace page," Tony requests. The soldier holds his hand up, a peace sign. "Please, no gang signs," the soldier takes him seriously, dropping his hand. But Tony jokes, "no, throw it up, I'm kidding. Yeah, peace! I love peace. I'd be outta job with peace."

The driver passenger fiddles with the camera, the one by Tony waving his colleague off. "C'mon! Just click it, don't change the settings," he orders his friend. "Just click it."

But just before the man can click the button, one of the other humvees explodes. Tony's driver has the humvee stop, everyone shouting inside. "What's going on?" Tony asks.

The woman doesn't answer, shouting to her colleagues. "Contact left!"

"Jimmy, stay with Stark," the driver's passenger orders.

The woman gets out of the humvee, but is immediately shot and killed. Her passenger did the same on his side, having the same result. "Son of a bitch!" Jimmy shouts. He gets his gun ready, moving to get out of the humvee. "Lie down!" Jimmy orders.

"Wait, wait," Tony shouts, "give me a gun!"

Jimmy climbs out of the humvee, shouting at Tony. "Stay here!" He turns around, prepared to run into battle. But is shot down, bullets riddling the entire humvee vehicle that Tony sits in.