Kessoku Band's First Hangout! (Part 1)

It's been a few days since Kita was recruited back into Kessoku Band. Gotoh and I have been teaching her every day during lunch and after school. Sometimes, Fujin came along and hung out with the three of us during lunch, but most of the time he would just come and go.

Anyways, now it's the afternoon. Gotoh, Kita and I were teaching her how to play a certain song.

"I'm just awful." Kita says, looking bummed out.

Then, Gotoh tells Kita...

"Oh... But you at least managed to play it to the en-"

"About that, though!" Kita interrupted Gotoh while I was just watching the whole thing going on.

"Y-Yes?" Gotoh says quietly.

"I just realized, I'm supposed to do vocals too, right? But I can't sing while I'm focusing all my motor control on the guitar."

"I... I see..."

"Yeeaah, that's gonna be a little difficult." I said, butting myself into the conversation.

"I was thinking it might be better for the band if I just sang... But then I wouldn't have anything to do during interludes, and I'd probably start fidgeting on stage..."

"So..."

I raise an eyebrow and listen to what Kita has to say.

"Sooo?" I ask while gently putting my guitar down.

"I guess I'd better work harder!" Kita says to Gotoh and I, giving us a beaming smile brighter than the heat of the sun.

What is this power?! I've never seen anything like it come from an extrovert! Is this the power of the Kit-aura?!

I look away while keeping my eyes shut.

"My eyes!" Gotoh says quietly.

"Huh?"

"N-Nothing."

Kita-san's extrovert powers are greater than any other that it's too bright for me to directly look at!

"But are you sure it's alright for me to sing?"

Gotoh and I both look back at Kita.

"I know! You should sing with me!" Kita suggests to Gotoh.

... I'm sorry, which of us?

Gotoh quickly shakes her head repeatedly.

"N-N-Not happening!" I heard her say nervously.

"W-What about-"

"N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N-N..." Gotoh continues to shake her head.

"I'm sorry. Is it that unpleasant of a thought?" Kita asks.

"Hey, nice one." I could hear Ryo say.

She was standing behind the door after she opened it.

"Is that some new guitar showmanship move?"

"Senpai! Do you like it? Then I'll practice it too!"

"You don't need to practice like that. Ryo's here, so let's meet up at the club!" Nijika says while entering the studio room.

"Right!" Kita says joyfully.

"Alright, let's get going." I get up from my seat and stretch.

-Short Timeskip-

The rest of Kessoku Band and I sat down at the tables where we always had our 'meetings'. Nijika was standing up with a drawing book while Gotoh, Ryo, Kita and I were all sitting down.