The groom's parents seemed to be good. But this relative, who is the groom for that family seemed to be poking nose unnecessarily and irritating me. No one in his family forbid him from talking that way.

Our parents were talking but this guy, he interrupted again.

"why is your daughter so silent from the beginning? can't she talk? At least can she sing?"

I then sang a song, not because he asked but others insisted. All this time, I was not looking at the groom as well. I noticed him looking at me, but I did not spare him a glance.  But his swallowing looks in front of everyone.

The song got over. His so called relative criticized me.

"your voice was shaking visibly. And the shruthi was not proper when you started Charanam. You need lot of practice Sandhya" again that stupid useless relative of the groom poked his nose.

I gave a death glare at him, thinking he would shut his mouth. I wondered why his family is also not stopping him from talking. He was doing too much .. Overboard I could say.

"your daughter seemed to have an angry face. Why??Is she not interested in this proposal? Is she in love with anyone?" he asked.

My anger knew no bounds. I got up from the sofa and took the water bottle, ready to hit him. But my parents forbid me. They understood what my action would be when I took the water bottle.

So they managed the situation stating, I rose up to take the water bottle. Just to make up the story, I drank the water from the bottle. 

I gave a strong glare at my parents for forbidding me. My Dad Shaked his head left and right as in asking me to not do anything now.

"what is all this ? Your Daughter is not showing respect to elders. Is this the way she would behave with the guests? She is not the suitable one for our family. Romba aratha irukaley"(too wild she is)

That's it.. My control broke its limits. 

" enna prechana unaku.. nee yaru enna kelvi keka.. unakellam nan badhil solla mudiyadhu"

(What is your problem? who are you to ask questions to me? I won't answer any of your questions)

"Hello, I am the groom for this family that you are going to get married to.. All the important decisions are taken after consulting with me. If I say no, they would not even proceed. What do you say Mr?" he asked the groom.

"I will marry her even if you say no" the groom spoke and everyone busted in to laughter including me.

"indha avamanam unaku thevayada ? thevaya?" (its a great insult) he asked himself pointing his index finger to his forehead 

"theva dhanda poda" I said mockingly to Krishnan. (its needed one for you)

Deva, his parents, Anjana, Krishnan and his parents are the ones who came to meet me. So far, Krishnan was the one irritating me with his questions. He has come here as a groom of Deva's family and not as my friend. That is what he was trying to showcase.

The elders asked us if we want to talk alone. Again Krishnan.. no no.. Groom's relative poked his nose. 

Krishnan: "what is this asking her opinion? Whomever parents say she has to marry. Why do you ask her?"

Me: "Maa..I agree to marry Deva. " Turning to Vimala Aunty, " Aunty.. you know what all he said about you when you fixed Anjana for him? Do you know what all he scolded you as?" I started.

Krishnan: "ei.. don't you dare open your mouth OK?" 

Me: "Then you back off man.. why do you want to poke nose in to my family matters"