🍁 Nine • Cuddles and Nicknames 🍁

The next morning when Mandira woke up, she was trapped in Vidyut's arms, much to her surprise.

“Didn't you sleep in the balcony?” She asked in a sleepy voice.

Vidyut opened his eyes for a second to look at her and then closed them again, “The mosquitoes were annoying me,” he mumbled.

Mandira rolled her eyes at his excuse, “Leave me,” and she pulled out from his arms.

Vidyut whined and again pulled her close to his bare chest.

“Vidyut, I'm still upset with you,” And she moved to the edge of the bed.

Before Vidyut could say something his phone started ringing on the nightstand. He groaned at the annoyingly loud ringtone and picked the phone call.

Mandira was about to fall asleep again but he put the phone against her ear.

“It's your brother,” he informed her.

“Bhai?” She asked in confusion and pressed the gadget against her ear.

“Hello, Bhai.”

“Hey, I found your phone. Come home and get it.”

“Nah, if I came home, Maa will start pressurizing me to get pregnant as soon as possible. Can't you come here?”

The pregnant part made Vidyut chuckle.

“Nope, I don't want to see your husband's face.”

“Why? Is there something wrong with my husband's face?” She asked while pulling Vidyut's cheek, who passed her a lazy smile.

“How about we meet at the bridge near our fields?” Suraj suggested.

“Hmm, that will do. And yes, bring my books too.”

“Okay, let's meet in three hours.”

“Alright, bye!”

“Bye.”

And the call ended. Mandira put the phone on Vidyut's bare chest who put it on  the side of his pillow. He looked at her and asked, “Did your brother say he doesn't want to see my face?”

Mandira just nodded. Her gaze fell on the scar on his arm. The scar from her gunshot.

“When will this scar heal?” She traced the mark with her fingers.

“Approximately four to twelve weeks,” He told her after a little bit calculation in his head.

Mandira kissed the scar, “I'm sorry. You didn't deserve it. I shouldn't be giving you a tough time when I hurt you for no reason,” She was going to break into tears anytime but Vidyut engulfed her in his arms.

“Aye, it was a misunderstanding,” He patted her head.

“Can't you just yell at me for shooting you? It will make me feel better,” She mumbled against his chest.

“Do you have a nickname?” He asked her, all of a sudden.

She shook her head, “Umm... I don't like nicknames.”

“Okay, so I'll give you a nickname as your punishment for the gun incident,” He told her.

Mandira thought for a moment before agreeing, “Hmm... okay, as you wish.”

Vidyut began thinking for a nickname, “Let me think. Manu, Maano, Dira, Diru, Mandu... Mandy! I'll call you Mandy!” He exclaimed.

Mandira felt disgusted by the nickname he chose for her, “Eww! That's a disgusting nickname!”