CH1 Demon lord leaves the castle

Eugh.

Enough.

They're driving me insane.

"Boss..."

"What!"

"Well,..."

I open my eyes only to be assaulted by the bright green hues of an Orc.

"...we've ran out of food in the eastern front, can you help us get some more?" Said the orc, whose name I never bother remembering any more.

"I did warn you that relying on only goats for sustanance would lead to an extinction level event" I reply.

"Yes, but we don't eat anything else" they retorted

"Mmm hmm but you do realise that I can't just magic goats out of thin air" My voice responded, as empty as my castle feels.

I get out of my regally decorated chair, and stretch.

As I preluded to earlier, my castle is a barren, brutal looking building, with a red carpet rolled out right to the chair.

This place was once home to royalty, before my great grand father took it for himself, since then the family lineage has been regarded to as Demon Lords, a title that was also strongly tied to the fact my family is the only ones who can speak, listen, read and write in the demonic language, and have a strong tendancy towards dark magic.

All of which I inherited of course.

"Well, why not hunt deer?..."

"Too fast."

"Sheep?"

"Too fluffy."

"Pigs?"

"Looks too much like me."

Starve then, is what I think.

Hmmm maybe I'm too harsh on them...

"What about abolishing the agreement with the humans and hunting them down?" The orc suggested.

"Hell no, my father worked really hard to get that agreement in place" I responded, astounded that the orc would even suggest it, though it wouldn't be unexpected, since the orcs have as much intellegance as the pigs they resemble.

You see, only a few years before I was born, my father put an end to the war my great grand father started, he was the first in over 5 centuries of demon Lords (though only 1 of 3 that reigned in that era, so to us, not much time, funny what dark magic does to a person's life span).

Eugh, I've had enough of this.

"Okay so all I'm going do is suggest that ypu eat anything other than goats..., ahh I see that the sun has set therefore today's audience session has closed, may your way out of the chamber so I can get some sleep"

"Okay then, good night" the orc said, feeling dejected.

I make my way to the door to shut it behind the orc. I spin around tosee the empty chamber, the stained glass stanging proud behind the throne.

Huuuuuugh.

That's it, I'm leaving to night.

Fuck this place.

Fuck great grandad.

I click my fingers the light goes out, I hover into the air and fly straight out at the stained glass.

In a mere second, I'm no longer bout by the big grey box.

No longer bound by fate.

No longer angry.

I feel free.

I fly away.

Fly far,

far,

away.