Safe in my arms

Kinda based off that Lyney and Lynette animation (credit to them)

~~~~~~ No Ones POV ~~~~~~

"Jeez does this guy ever give up?" Aether panted out as he landed on his feet after almost being hit by electro attacks by the abyss lector. He was powerful. Xiao attacked him from behind as a distraction so Aether could get his composure back.

The two of them ran into him while walking around Liyue. They hadn't planned on fighting anyone today but this guy just showed up. Both Xiao and Aether were worn out because of how long they'd been fighting. They did attempt to run at first but that got them nowhere.

Just as the Lector was about to strike Xiao, he disappeared then reappeared behind him, slashing his chest. The Lector yelled out in frustration and pain before hitting Xiao as hard as he could. Xiao didn't see it coming. There were electro bits in the hit so it stung as well.

"Xiao! Are you okay!?" Aether yelled out from the other side of the Lector. Xiao couldn't respond. His body was in a state of shock but his mind wasn't so he was aware of Aethers worry. "Xiao the clouds. It's going to start raining soon. If we don't-"

Aether didn't get to finish his sentence as the Lector charged at him. He was barely able to dogde. They were getting way too close to a clif that lead to water thankfully but it was still very dangerous. Xiao finally got up and charged at the Lector, stabbing it in the arm. This time, he moved away before he could be hit again.

That seem to have pissed off the Lector even more. He started throwing sharp electro bits at Xiao who was struggling to dogde them. Xiao knew what the Lector was doing but couldn't get in a good spot to go anywhere else. The Lector was pushing him towards the clif.

The blonde was able to sneak up behind him and stab him good in his torso. When Aether tried to back away he couldn't. His sword was stuck. The Lector started spinning around in circles. Aether would not let go of the sword. The Lector was in obvious pain.

"Aether let go of the damn sword!!" Xiao yelled but it was no use. The rain was coming down at this point and it was hard to hear anything for the blonde. Eventually, he was able to pull it out. Blood came with it. Aether stumbled back and ran straight into Xiao causing them to fall off the clif.

Xiao was out of energy and couldn't teleport them to safety. He reached for Aether who seemed so far away. Aether reached for him too. It took a moment but Xiao was able to pull Aether into a safe and warm embrace.

The yaksha held on tightly to Aether and had his back facing the water as they hit it with a loud smacking sound. That had to hurt. Aether was in a small daze before realizing they were under water. Xiaos grip had loosen. He was unconscious.

Aether almost panicked but he couldn't. He used the last of his strength to pull Xiao out of the water and get some place safe. He found a cave. It was dry in there and safe. They were both soaking wet.

How did their day turn into this? Aether was shaking as he reached down to check Xiaos pulse after putting him down. His blood went cold when he realized there wasn't one. Xiao wasn't breathing. Aether attempted to shake him awake but that was no use.

"Xiao. Nononono. Xiao you gotta wake up." Aether was now panicking. He started compressions on him. Counting to 30 before giving him mouth to mouth then repeating this cycle. Xiao still wasn't waking. Aether could barely do the compressions, he had little to no energy left.

Tears streamed down Aethers face. He couldn't loose him. No. He couldn't. Xiao was just laughing with him 2 hours ago. He was smiling. He was peaceful and happy. How did this happen? How could Aether have let it happen?

Just as Aether was about to give up, Xiaos chest rose on it's own. Xiao sharply took in a breath before coughing up water. So much water. "Xiao! Oh my god." Aether was so relived to see him breathing. He helped him sit up so he could breathe better. After catching his breath, he inhaled slowly. The yakshas throat hurt like hell but not as much as his body did.

"A-aether.. are you okay?" He asked with half lidded eyes. This made Aether laugh, "You were the one who couldn't breathe and your asking me if I'm okay?" Xiao was a little confused then looked around at their surroundings. As he did, Aether noticed his shoulder.

The blonde pulled down Xiaos shirt and saw the purple strikes that spread down to his chest and neck. Some down his arm. It was heartbreaking to see. "Did he hit you with thoses electro bits?" Aether asked, pulling back up his shirt as Xiao winced. "I didn't notice that he did. I apologize."

"You have no reason to be sorry. As long as your alive." Aether smiled before giving him a kiss on the lips. Sweet and soft. Cold but warm. The two agreed to wait till the rain passed before leaving. Aether had to carry Xiao mostly since he mostly felt numb after hitting the water as hard as he did and he was still in pain.

"Do you.. think we killed that abyss lector?" Xiao ask, his voice slightly distant and soft. "Dunno. Wanna go look?" Aether smirked as he adjusted his girp. Aether had Xiaos arm over his neck and was holding his waist to keep him up so he wouldn't collapse. "Your cold. Too cold. We need to get you warmed up." Xiao shivered as he spoke.

"We're both too cold. We need to hurry up and get some place warm. Wangshuu inn isn't that far." Aethers cheery smile made Xiao feel at ease. It was a peaceful night walk too. Mostly for Xiao since he was practically being carried but Aether enjoyed him being in his arms.

They were together and safe this way. That's all that mattered.

~~~~~~ AN ~~~~~~

I got permanently banned on hotel hideaway guys 😔

Night night love you babes and don't forget to take care of yourselves ❤️

1067 words