Thirty Two - Get Up

-

-

Vermax landed in Dragonstone two days after the arrival of Princess Saera. Prince Jacaerys had received a raven from his stepfather letting him know of the news, instantly the Prince left the North— but not before securing a good friendship and an alliance with Lord Cregan Stark. A pact of Ice and Fire.

Now as Jacaerys trudged through the halls of his castle, he could only seeth. His younger brother was dead. Jacaerys could hardly comprehend it when he read the words on the parchment. Lucerys was his shadow, his little brother, his best friend— and he was dead. To say that the prince was mad was an understatement, he was absolutely fuming.

Rage was the only emotion he felt, the emotion that pulsed through his veins at the quickest of paces. He had been sad, the entire flight from the North to King's Landing he spent it crying— mourning his little brother. But as he arrived to the council chamber, all he could do was yearn revenge. Put on the tough facade of the Prince of Dragonstone.

Aemond had taken his sister, and he had taken his younger brother. "Jace!" Rhaenyra huffed in relief as he entered the chamber, rushing to hug her eldest son— her heir. He hugged his mother back tightly, then turned to greet each council member as the ever dutiful prince.

"Lucerys must be avenged," were the Prince of Dragonstone's first words. Daemon bowed his head, "a son for a son. I will see to it... I already have the plans."

Rhaenyra shed a lone tear, but quickly wiped it away— it was not time to show weakness. She had to be strong, for her family and for her own right. So the council meeting continued, the Queen listening to her advisors, and Jacaerys being the good prince he had always been. His facade was stoic, but his insides burned with pain, sorrow, and anger. But he would not break, not when his mother counted on him. Not when so many people counted on him.

As the meeting came to an end Maester Gerardys asked, "what of the princess?"

Daemon snarled, "what of the princess?" Jacaerys looked around the table. Were there plans to get her back?

"What of my sister?" Jacaerys asked, crossing his arms over his chest as he eyed the maester. "Well, since her arrival in Dragonstone... I reckon her marriage to Ae- to the second son shall be annulled." Gerardys explained.

"Arrived in Dragonstone?" Jace questioned, his eyes fleeting to his mother ,who nodded solemnly.

"My girl escaped her captivity, with the help of Ser Allan Darklyn, whom we are entirely indebted to," the Queen explained and the statement lifted a huge weight off Jace's shoulders. His sister was home, where she was safe— away from the kinslayer. "Does Saera know?" Jace asked in a quiet manner, his expression a solemn one.

Rhaenyra nodded her head and answered equally as quietly, "she's not left her room since the day she arrived."

The golden thread that tied their twin souls ached inside his chest. They were estranged, their last words said to eachother being vile ones— but he didn't want to think about the past. He loved his sister more than he did anything in the world, and he yearned to keep her safe and protected more than anything.