Twenty - All The Same

-

-

Saera was not happy when she went back to her rooms after Daeron's homecoming feast. She was seething at Aemond's behavior through the night as he never left her side, he did not even let her speak to Daeron at all. He was acting jealous and possessive and Saera did not appreciate that, not one bit— especially because she had already told him that she didn't like it when he acted that way.

Saera would huff and puff angrily as Elinda helped her out of the dress, and the lady did not even dare ask her what was wrong as she was fearful that Saera would snap at her.

When she was finally draped in her comfortable nightgown Elinda said, "You've received scrolls from Dragonstone, princess. The ravens arrived while the feast was in motion." she would say as she handed over the sheets to Saera, who simply nodded. "You can go." She dismissed Elinda and sat down in her bed.

One scroll from Lucerys. One from her mother. And obviously one from Jacaerys. Saera read her mother's scroll first. It detailed how much she missed her and how she hoped she was being well treated by Alicent and her family, not forgetting to remind Saera to give her information on her grandsire's health.

She wrote back a heartfelt reply, and she also confessed what she saw— how sick her grandsire seemed.

Then she excitedly read her letter from Lucerys. It was a short one, telling her how Joffrey was driving him up the walls as he had now taken up horse riding too just like Saera, and begged Luke to ride every second of every day. He also detailed that Jace was insufferable without her, which made her cringe as she read the words.

She wrote back a funny reply about Joffrey and asked Lucerys to please not use her horses, completely omitting mentioning Jacaerys in her letter to her younger brother.

Saera stared at Jace's letter for a while, her face solemn as she thought about her twin brother. She loved him so much, but she didn't love him like he wanted— could never love him like he wished. The letter was short, it was just him reminding her of their upcoming nameday— and reminding her just how much he missed her. He asked how she was and when she would be back.

To his letter she replied with 'I am okay.' Saera stacked the scrolls on her desk for Elinda to raven to Dragonstone, then she decided to practice some songs on her lute, as she did not feel sleepy at all. She moved to her bunny's cage and sang to him her new song, which she thought was great— she could not wait to perform it for Allan.

Though a knock to her door interrupted her. She knew it was Aemond, as he had been visiting her for the last few days at the same time. He came in shortly after, a smile on his face— he was oblivious at her anger towards him.

Saera put down her lute and crossed her arms over her chest, looking away from Aemond and to the corner of the room. He could read her like he did a scroll, so he frowned when he saw her huffy attitude. He took long strides towards her and kneeled right before her figure on the couch.