BONUS CHAPTER

Rosa Crawford

"Are you sure no strawberries?" I ask after cutting up some bananas for Millie. She smiles widely but shakes her little head 'no'. Her blonde pigtails fly around her and it makes me smile at the cute picture it creates.

"No thank you mama! I'm too excited to eat strawberries!" She almost shouts.

I'm about to speak up when Charles walks in with her newly packed backpack. I sent him off to do it- after I unpacked it- just to give him something to keep him busy. I love it, but I needed to give him something to do other than worrying about Millie going off to her first day of school for kindergarten. He was more stressed than Millie and me combined.

"Are you sure you just don't want to stay home today? Maybe try again next year?" He asks her when he sets her backpack down on the island counter top.

Millie quickly shakes her head ago, "no way!" She says and slides off the stool to the island.

"I want to go to school papa" she quickly decides and points up at him. Charles pouts and looks over at me, "when do they start hating school and wanting to stay home?"

I let out a laugh before walking around the counter to press a kiss to his cheek, his hand slides around my waist to rest over my growing pregnant belly.

"Give it a few years Charles" I tell him and he groans, we both look over at Millie who's found Leo- the little dachshund we adopted- and it holding him as she walks over to the living room. 

"But I want her to stay home" he grumbles, "why is she growing up? First it's kinder and then it's college!" He complains and it makes me laugh while rubbing his back.

"Just wait till boys come around" I joke but he turns to me with wide eyes.

"Are there gonna be boys in her class?" He asks lowly, his eyes widened even more when I nod my head 'yes'.

"Millie we need to have a talk!" He quickly says and starts walking towards Millie who's laying with Leo while watching a show on the tv.

She looks up with a tiny frown at her dad's yelling. Charles sits down next to her with his arms crossed, even though Leo slides over to his lap to nudge for some pets.

"Millie how do you feel about boys?"

She pulls a bigger frown, "they're gross!"

Charles turns to me with a big smile, "I'm gonna buy her things, lots of things"

I roll my eyes, deciding to hold my tongue when I think about saying how he needs to wait till she's a teenager. Instead I walk up behind him and place another kiss to his cheek.

"How about you take her backpack to the car first?" I ask and he groans again.

"Are you sure you don't wanna stay home Mils? We can stay home if you'd like" he tries once again, still hating the idea of Millie starting school and in turn growing up.

"Charles she has to go to school" I chuckle and pick up Millie when she reaches for me. Charles is quick on his feet to pull her to his side, mumbling: "Rosa your pregnant amor, let me"

I just smile at him, trying to hold back my laughter when Charles walks towards the front door with Millie in his arms after grabbing her bag.