🌩️ one

it was late, but for hyunjin the night had only just begun. loud music played through the club, the bright, colourful lights flashing constantly to the beat. the male danced around amongst his small group of friends, all of them enjoying their saturday night as they usually would almost every week.

hyunjin looks over to his right, his eyes falling upon his boyfriend as a smile crept upon his face. minho looks over to meet his eyes, matching his smile as the two then turn to face each other, the older male's arms wrapping around hyunjin's waist while his arms sat upon his shoulders.

"do you ever stop being so hot?" hyunjin questioned him with a sigh, making minho chuckle as they both swayed from side to side together. "like come on, how did i get so lucky with you?" the male moved in to give his boyfriend a kiss, and he immediately reciprocated. the two kept swaying as their lips danced upon each other's lips.

the two stopped to the sound of their friends "gagging". "ew you guys! get a room," felix exclaimed while the rest of them pulled disgusted faces between their laughs. the couple laughed along with them, breaking apart from each other to reform the circle they had stood in before. "honestly you two make me feel genuinely sick sometimes," the freckled male continued, shivering at the thought of his two friends necking on each other again.

"you're just jealous because you have zero bitches," minho retorted, at which everyone laughed. "anyways, i'm gonna get another drink. anyone with me?" he then asked, with felix immediately agreeing. jisung and changbin also decided to join in their trip to the bar, the four of them dancing their way through the crowds of people who stood between them and an alcoholic beverage.

after watching them walk away, hyunjin then turned to the last of their merry band; seungmin. he and seungmin had some history, being in a relationship for just over six months. it wasn't a long amount of time, which made it easier for the two of them to finish things civilly. they stayed friends, but didn't really talk to each other for a long while after. until hyunjin met minho.

nothing hits nicer than homemade punch at a house party, the base of the loud music resonating through the whole house. hyunjin found himself squeezing through different groups of people, saying small "hi"s to people he knew and "sorry"s to anyone he was brushing past. he finally set his eyes on his friends, quickly making his way to them. everyone greeted him, as usual, but something was different. for the first time in months, seungmin stood before him, his smile warm and genuine.

"hey hyunjin, how've you been?" he asked, leaning in to give him a hug. after hyunjin's immediate awkwardness, he reciprocated, embracing him as well. the two pull away, while everyone watched suspiciously. they all know about their history, but they knew the two were done with that period in their lives. "it's been too long," seungmin continued.

hyunjin nodded. "yeah, it really has. it's good to see you," he replied with an equal smile. he then looked over at his friends, failing to notice their smirks at the two meeting again. you could say some of them hoped the two would get back together, but would never force this ideology on them. instead they would watch from afar to see what could happen.

while hyunjin scanned over the group, he then noticed a new face. someone he had seen around their college campus, but had never met or spoken to. he stood awkwardly within their circle, obviously not knowing the people in the group either. seungmin noticed him looking over at the new male, and quickly remembered to introduce him. "oh, this is minho. we just graduated together," he said, still keeping that same bright smile everytime he looked at him.

as if snapping him out of a trance, minho looked up at the male and froze. he stared intently at hyunjin, analysing his features. he then met him with a warm smile, reaching his hand out to the younger male. "hi, it's nice to meet you," he greeted, and hyunjin shook his hand. he too was encapsulated by minho's features, looking over his eyes, his hair, his lips– "you can let go now," minho said awkwardly, hyunjin not realising he had been staring and holding his hand for a little too long.

with an awkward laugh, hyunjin let go of the older male. "it's uh," he cleared his throat, "it's nice to meet you to." he struggled to meet minho's eyes from that point, while the other couldn't take his eyes off him. to minho, there was some kind of allure to hyunjin, his soft features and awkward smile; he just couldn't take his eyes off him. that's how it stayed for the whole night.

for most of the group, the party was a blur when they woke up the next morning. not for hyunjin though. all he could think about was the person he had met that night: minho lee. they ended up not speaking much after their awkward first interaction, but hyunjin could feel his stare on him the whole night. it was all he could think about all night, to the point where he was one of the boys who didn't drink much. minho was another, instead dedicating his time to admiring his new friend from afar.

"how are things between you and minho?" seungmin asked, his face fairly flacid, not excited nor bitter while asking his question. it made hyunjin a little uneasy, as their interactions since that night had been... pretty weird. he would often ask how their relationship was going, and hyunjin couldn't figure out why. was it because he was concerned about his friend, or something else?

the older male cleared his throat. "things are really good," he said, showing him a small smile. seungmin nodded, looking around hyunjin but not at him.

"i'm gonna hit the bathroom," he then quickly said, hyunjin giving him a nod as he walked off through thr crowds of people. hyunjin sighed. he thought that maybe he could have waited until everyone was back before leaving him on his own, but he didn't mind too much. he just hoped that everyone else got back before seungmin did so he could avoid anymore awkwardness.

before either could happen, hyunjin was caught off guard by someone shoving past behind him, almost sending him to the floor. he turned around to confront them, and paused. he watched as two people pushed through the crowds, the person st the front with their hand tightly wrapped round the other's wrist. it looked as though he was being dragged, pulled against his own will. hyunjin couldn't help but watch the two disappear towards the exit doors.

"here hyunjin," minho called out, arriving back with his drink and his friends. hyunjin keeps watching the pair, seeing the tops of their heads leave through the front doors. minho tilted his head as he looked over at his boyfriend, trying to follow his gaze to whatever he was looking at. "hyunjin? are you okay?"

the male finally took notice of the group's return, turning to minho with a concerned yet curious look. "i'll be right back. i just wanna go check something," he said, leaving without giving minho any more explanation. he made his way through the crowd, again muttering small "sorry"s to the people he brushed past. he too then leaves out of the doors, the cold air of the night hitting him as soon as he made it outside.

i've missed writing