Dardanos

"Is this the only safe house of sorts you have in Greece?" I asked Xander as I read over the text in the pictures he forwarded to me.

They were taken from someone's book of shadows. I really wanted to know who this guy was. Maybe he could teach me a thing or two. Not that Christina was a bad teacher. She just liked teaching me safer spells, nothing too extravagant. And if you had a demon summoning spell you probably had a lot more fun little spells I could learn.

"Not really why?"

"I want to get this over and done with so if we do it today it'll have to be now and somewhere not too far so I can get back in time for work."

"You probably won't need to go to work." Xander pointed out.

"I might. We don't know how long the unbreaking spell might last or what we'll need for it. It might take us a couple days if we're lucky or even weeks."

"There's one in Athens." He told me standing over me. "We could be there and back before your shift starts."

"Perfect." I sighed. "I really want to meet your informant now."

"Why?"

"Because."

"You will. Once this is all over." He smiled. I groaned and pouted looking up at him.

"How about a phone call."

"I'll think about it." He chuckled.

The requirements for this spell where easy to find. According to Kenji that is. How he managed to get them all in the hour we had given him I'll never know. Zale couldn't come with us seeing as he couldn't leave the island. And Carlton said he'd rather get thrown in a vat of liquid silver than spend any more time with us.

I think he was just cranky because I ruined his nap. Which meant it was just the three of us. He had though, found out the demons name from Zale since it was needed for the spell.

As much as I wanted to explore the beautiful city of Athens I knew I couldn't. We had very minimal time on our hands.

Once we made it to the house, Kenji immediately started setting up. He did it without being instructed and I just watched him silently. He shouldn't know how to do that off the bat.

I grabbed a can of spray paint and silently drew the devil's trap onto the floor. It was an extra measure to keep whoever we were summoning from leaving or attacking. Placing the candles around the trap I sat cross legged in front of it. Kenji positioned himself behind me and placed his hands on my shoulder.

"This will take a lot of energy from you especially since it's your first time doing it. Lucky for us the amulets stored up a lot of excess over the past couple weeks. I'm gonna act as a backup source. Kind of like a spare battery. I'll help center you and prevent overspills of magic." He told me.

"How are you going to do that?"

"I'll tell you next time." He smiled. "Deep breathes. Close your eyes."

"Did Carlton give you the demon's name?" Xander asked from the corner of the room.

"Yeah. Dardanos." I answered. I felt Kenji freeze behind me his hands on my shoulder getting tighter.

"Are you sure?" Ken whispered.

"Yes. Why what's wrong?" it was quiet for a minute before he spoke letting out a deep breath and loosening his grip.

"Nothing. Let's start." I brushed off his weirdness and closed my eyes.

The first step was the barrier around the room so no one could come in no matter what. The spell had been scribbled in the corner of the pages Xander sent me. The ink had looked fresh in comparison to the summoning spell. As if whoever wrote it did it right before taking the picture.

"Reluno Vexataro."

Xander

A mist of black energy left Mel and surrounded the room. I recognized it because I had seen Lucian do it before. I just didn't know how she knew it. It was a demon energy barrier. None demon entities or descendants wouldn't get in or even stay in the barrier. They would be immediately ejected.

She opened her eyes and I saw them dance like little tongues of fire danced within them. Actual flames then licked the walls and floors and were quickly drawn towards Kenji and put out. That's why he was there to draw in the excess the amulet couldn't and feed her the energy she needed.

"Magia copias nigrum et album

Spatium lucem emittere

Et ipse erit longe vel prope est

Afferte huc et daemonium Dardanos.

Magia copias nigrum et album

Spatium lucem emittere

Et ipse erit longe vel prope est

Afferte huc et daemonium Dardanos......"

As she continued to chant a clap of thunder was heard in the room and black smoke began to rise from the center of the trap. I straightened watching it as it swirled slowly resembling a shadow of a man until it solidified. Both Mel and Kenji collapsed from exhaustion and tried to catch their breaths.

As they slowly came too I watched Dardanos who equally watched me with a quizzical expression. After a while he smiled and gave me a small nod which I hesitantly returned. His attention then shifted to Mel who was leaning against Kenji watching him.

"Behati?" He asked in shock before shaking his head. "No she's dead. Melaine."

"Huh. I don't know what I was expecting." She said.

He was significantly taller and larger than the lot of us. His hair a charcoal black with familiar brown eyes I could know anywhere. He had a sort of arrogance to him, the same one Lucian possessed. Guess I was gonna have to tell Lucian where he got his face from.

"How do you know my name?" Mel asked watching him apprehensively.

"Why have you summoned me?" He asked instead.

"We want to break a spell you cast a couple years ago that bound a siren to Hector Vlassopoulos."

"Is that all. Nothing else you want from me?"

"What else could I possibly want from you?" She asked sitting up.

"I see." He said watching her. He turned to Kenji, who up until now I hadn't noticed was staring silently at the wall.

"What spell did you cast Dardanos?" I asked getting annoyed with him now. He was stalling.

"Alexander Black. You have your fathers temper. You've tried to bury it over the years, but its showing its ugly head now that she's around isn't it?" He smirked. I took a step towards him but was stopped by Kenji appearing in front of me.

"Don't it's what he wants." He whispered.

"The spell." Mel sighed standing up.

"Step into the circle and I'll give it to you." He told her stretching out his hand. She turned to face us and Ken nodded his head. Before I could protest he glared at me.

"We both know he won't hurt her." He hissed. I fell silent and slumped in defeat watching her step in and grab his hand. And then the worst possible thing happened. They vanished.