Chapter 7 : Lilith's Dream

Alastor was in his office, working on the paperwork that Lilith had given him when he heard his phone ringing. He answered it and heard Camila's voice on the other end. Before he could ask her why she was calling, she interrupted him.

Camila: "Alastor do you wish to work with me"

Alastor: I beg your pardon"

Camila: "Work with me and I will find a way to cure and free you from Lilith and in this way, you can save Lucifer, Charlie"

Alastor: "Mhm why should I trust you but another question why trust me, because I can always tell  Lillith about this call"

Camilla: "I know you won't and why well I can tell you aren't like the other scientists that you care for them do you have anyone you can trust to help you"

Alastor wanted to disagree, but he knew he needed help to find a way to free Lucifer and Charlie. These past few months, he had noticed that Lucifer was not doing well

Alastor: "....., fine"

Camila: "Good"

After a conversation, she asked him to go to Lilith's office and retrieve a key from her room. He had originally planned to travel there to hand off some papers, so he had a cause to visit. She informed him that the room's cameras would be turned off at that time, guaranteeing that he was not captured.

When he got to Lilith's office, he noticed she was not present. He observed that the cameras in the room were switched off. He looked for the key and began rummaging about. He discovered a cupboard labeled "failed subjects" and opened it. Inside, he noticed several subjects with various numbers on them. He came upon one that looked precisely like Lucifer and concluded it may be his twin. When he looked up the subject's identity, he learned that it was Michael, written under his name, who had died after swallowing a vial that killed him but worked on Lucifer.

Alastor put the file back and resumed his search till he came upon an unusual key. He took the key and resumed his search, but found nothing of interest. Alastor put the documents on her desk and exited, only to discover Lilith waiting for him in his office. As he stared at her, he realized something was amiss. Despite her makeup, he noticed a bruise on her face, and she appeared tired and disturbed.

Lilith: "Alastor "

Alastor: "Lilith I simply placed the documents on your desk."

Lilith: "Oh, I forgot I had you do that. Alastor, I will need you to follow me."

Alastor: "Yes"

She led him to a special room where they stopped. It was a room for testing and she opened the door for him. She grabbed his arm and made him sit down on one of the stools. When he looked over, he saw Camilla walking into the room.

Lilith: "Camila will be checking your body to see how bad the symptoms have got"

Camila strolled by and inspected him closely, just like she had done with Lucifer the previous time. After she finished, Alastor handed her the key, and Lilith returned inside to inform him he may return to work. Alastor visited Lucifer's room and discovered that it had been redecorated, and the items he had given Lucifer were on the shelf. Lucifer grinned at him as he entered. Alastor saw the dark bags beneath Lucifer's eyes and automatically placed his palm on his face. This caused Lucifer to flush, and Alastor recognized what he had done. Lucifer got up from the bed and observed that Alastor's face was also very red like his. Alastor glanced aside, attempting to conceal his face.