💼📋Prologue📋💼

(464 words)

The man pushed aside the bunch in front of him, looking forward at the large, dark looming abandoned church in front of him at the edge of the dark woods. He walked out of cold woods, his jacket snagging on a branch poking out of a bush before pulling roughly on his jacket and ripping it. 

He went up to the church doors, forcing them open. It was cold and dark inside. The man looked at the wall to his right and pushed on one of the wall slabs. It moved inward, like a button, and the torches lining the walls lit up themselves. There were tapestries on the walls with a pentagram on them and all the way down the hall was a shrine of sorts with a red pentagram above it.

He approached the shrine, taking out a crucifix and placing it upside-down in a slot with a 'click'. Perfect fit. Thought the man with a satisfied smile. He then took out a pocket knife, putting the ruts against his skin and dragging it down his wrist roughly. 

He set the knife to the side and put his other hand cupped underneath the bleeding wrist, collecting the blood until he had enough and made a small pentagram above the crucifix. He sat down three red summoning candles he had in his bag and lit them before taking out a book and chanting a summoning spell. 

The pentagram above the shrine started glowing before a tall, black, thin figure stepped out with red eyes and large, broad horns, a little demon tail and big, black wings. Upon seeing the man, the demon seemed stricken by fear.

"Fernald..." It muttered out.
"Lucifer." He replied.
"What do you want?"
"A doctor."

Lucifer let out a rough, harsh laugh that echoed off the walls.

"A doctor!?" He repeated. "A immortal man wants a doctor?" He asked.
"Yes." Fernald replied. "I need one, I'm running out of supplies, plus I can still get hurt."
"Hm.. good point."
"Give me your best one."

Lucifer paused. Perhaps of fear? Or maybe anger? 

"My best doctor is reserved for me and my servants. You know very well that I will not hand Lu- her  over to you like this." He replied, narrowing his eyes.

"If you don't, I'll go down there and steal her myself."
"Fine.." Lucifer responded begrudgingly before disappearing and out came a different figure. 

"Hello!"

 The female voice echoed as she jumped down in front of Fernald. She had an odd-patterned, dark plague doctor mask. She had a red shirt with deep purple things with red pentagram charms connected to them behind her. There was also a spiral-like black thread connected to her outfit on the back, holding a syringe with a glowing blue liquid. She had black high heels on as well.

"I am Lune. Your new doctor."

"And Lucifer's favorite."