Chapter 5

"So you've had your magic your whole life?" Amour asked as she helped Wyatt unpack his books.

"Yeah, what about you?"

"Pretty much. Did you want this guardian position?" He stopped with the poster in his hands to look at her with a big grin.

"I'm excited for my first charge if that's what you're asking."

"Even if it's a witch with demonic powers? Aren't you like an angel? Shouldn't we be mortal enemies or something?" Wyatt chuckled and Amour went red in the face.

"I'm half angel and I wouldn't even hate a demon just because that's what they were born as. So I definitely couldn't hate a very cute witch just because she has demonic powers." She didn't know it was possible of someone of her skin tone to get that beet red. She reached a hand up to her face to feel her hot cheeks then stopped herself.

"You think I'm cute?" It was his turn to change shades and grin. "I think you're cute too. Actually, hot. I think you're hot. But I am full of issues and you're my guardian so that is probably as far as it will go, right?" He chuckled again and she didn't know why.

"My dad was actually my mom's Whitelighter. It's more common now than you would think," he explained. For some reason that made Amour panic.

"Cool. Cool. Umm...I like that you don't hate demons. Just because of what they are. You should see the cliques at school. Vampires, werewolves, and witches all separated. The witches even have their own internal cliques."

"That sucks."

"Yeah well they're pretty much all afraid of me. Or hate me. But never really more than those two feelings."

"Why?" he asked and stopped unpacking to sit down.

"My powers. Good and Evil, Villain & Hero, things like that matter at the Salvatore School."

"Feels like I entered X-Men or something," he joked and she laughed.

"Right! So do you read the comics or just watch the movies?" she sat on the top of his desk, unpacking forgotten.

"Comics too, they're a lost art in print. Who needs apps."

"I agree! I've got a lot in my room if you want to borrow any. Mostly X-MEN but I've got Agents of SHIELD and Fantastic Four."

"You like Fantastic Four?"

"For all the guest appearances!" They both laugh.

"I'd love to look at your collection sometime." They sat in comfortable silence. Just staring at each other. Nothing breaks their concentration.

"Dinner's ready!" they heard Piper called out from downstairs. Both teens jumped, broken out of their air bubble.

During dinner, the teens don't really talk. There's a lot of eye contact and listening to their mothers. "So, Wyatt, Bonnie and I were talking, it's best if you attend the school as just a witch. They don't really know about Whitelighters. That means no orbing in public."

"I'm also not telling Headmaster Saltzman everything. Just want he needs to know to help Amour and keep the school safe."

"Okay. Can I show Wyatt my room? We were talking about my comic book collection."

"Sure as long as you remember the new house rule," Bonnie said and Amour rolled her eyes as she got up.

"Yes, mother."

The next day, Amour and Wyatt seemed fidgety. Amour got out of her mother's car but didn't want to leave her and rejoingthe school. "Wyatt, you'll need to come with me. I have the paperwork from your mom. Amour, we'll meet you in the quad after your first class."

"Got it. Love you."

"You too!" Bonnie called out as Amour headed to class. She made it down one hallway before Raf appeared and threw an arm around her shoulders.

"So why did my girl best friend reject my call last night?" he asked her.

"I was talking to Wyatt," she said without understanding what she did.

"Who's Wyatt?" Amour panicked.

"He's a new student. My mom met his when she was in San Francisco. He's a witch."

"From the red face I assume you like him."

"What? No!" Raf laughed.

"Sure. Keep telling yourself that."

"I have calculus. You need to go," she said and pushed him off.

"We aren't done talking about this!" he called out after her.

Amour met Wyatt in the foyer of the school where he waited with her mom and Headmaster Saltzman. "Amour, I am glad you're feeling better," Alaric said, "Are you sure you want to show Wyatt around school because I can get Lizzie and Josie to -"

"NO!" She said a little too enthusiastically. All three flinched as her eyes went black but quickly returned to normal. She smiled sweetly. "I'm good, Mr. Saltzman. Wyatt, let's go. What's your schedule?" she asked and the teens walked away together.

"What was that about?" Alaric asked Bonnie.

"Turns out I haven't missed her first crush. I get to watch it play out."

"Scary isn't it?"

"You have no idea?" Alaric scoffed.

"Uh, I have two teenage daughters. Social ones, I was dealing with this three years ago."

"But she's part vampire. Things are going to be heightened for her."

"Trust me, this is the most normal Amour has ever been." Alaric told his friend. 

My Little Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें