Chapter 1

Bonnie Bennett hadn't known it at the time. But she was pregnant when Enzo was murdered by Stefan. It was quite hard, getting over her grief and coming to terms with her miracle baby. Had she not gotten pregnant, it would have most likely been the end of the Bennett line. Maybe the Fates understood that, which is why they allowed her to be born. That and the experiments Enzo was subjected to by the Augustine society. They originally believed nothing came of it. They were obviously wrong.

Their daughter, Amour St.John-Bennett was also a tribrid. Similar to Hope. Her vampiric nature had been active since birth, she fed on a mixture of blood and breast milk. Then it switched to blood and solid foods, only ever so often. When food didn't seem to get rid of the hunger inside her. There was a third side. From the Augustine experiments. They tried to control it. But you can't control what you know nothing of. It sent Bonnie on a search, similar to the quest that Caroline was on to save her own daughters from their merge. They were mothers on missions. Which unfortunately left their daughters to be reared by Alaric.

The man did his best. But clearly prioritized his daughters above the other two he had to raise. This led to some resentment. The girls did not get along. If someone asked Hope, she would be indifferent to the other three. But Amour vehemently disliked her forced family. Lizzie and Josie for having two parents and Hope for always being considered the most special one out of the supernatural world. The most powerful. She was a Bennett witch. That meant more, in her opinion, than some silly Mikaelson.

Amour was a loner at school. She felt no need to make friends. So when the new students, Rafael and Landon arrived, she kept her distance. It was Rafael to make the first move. He had another motivation. When he arrived, Landon was to be sent away, compelled. Yet it didn't work. So Headmaster Saltzman decided to elect a council to vote on what to do about him. Amour thought it was just because he didn't want to make the decision himself. The newly elected council members sat in the room but Rafael didn't want them to vote yet. He knew he had not won them to his side. He needed one more vote for Landon to stay. "Wait," he said, before Hope voted, "What about Amour?"

"I'm sorry, what?" the witch member, Josie Saltzman asked.

"Hope gets her own vote. Why doesn't Amour?" He hadn't actually talked to the girl but he'd seen her around and everyone seemed to talk about in her in corners and hushed tones.

"Amour doesn't like to participate," the vampire member, Kaleb told Rafael.

"So you asked her?" he asked. Silence set in. Rafael quickly moved back from the table. "I'll be back." He left before anyone could complain.

He found Amour where she usually was. The lone witch was an avid reader, choosing a low strong limb of a tree right outside the school's library window. Rafael had heard their librarian Dorian, scold her from levitating the books out the window without checking them out. He looked up at her in her peaceful moment. "Do you want to be on the council?" he asked, he didn't speak too loudly. She looked up and around. Not knowing he was talking to her. When she finally realized, her brows furled.

"Representing what?" she asked him. She'd heard all about him. The new wolf that had challenged Jed, their former alpha, and won.

"Whatever it is that only you are."

"You just want me there so you can keep Landon." she said plainly.

"That's true but you should be on the council if Hope is. She gets a vote, why not you?" he asked. There was a bit of silence and he decided to climb the tree. "Come on, why not?" He asked and sat a couple feet from her, legs dangling while she somehow perfectly balanced, sat cross legged on the tree branch.

"I am not special. I'm frightening," she said, closing her book and looking at him.

"You're definitely special. And I mean. Yeah, you give off a little bit of a scary vibe, not gonna lie. But I think that's kind of cool." The corners of her lips turned up.