six

october 2, 2023
teagan's pov:

"so do you love him?" ocean asked me as we sat in her car after practice. "love him?" i looked at her with shock. "i mean we've been together for only a month" i said careful not to blow our cover.

"i dont know the vibe i get from you both its just so lovey and sweet" she smiled at me. "im really happy for you teags seriously i love seeing you like this all girlfriend you know" she giggled as she leaned over to give me a hug.

"the little montage he posted saturday night was super cute" she gushed as she shook my shoulder. i smiled thinking of it. i didnt even know he was recording. "he looks at you with such love, adortion, like youre the only girl in the world" she went on.

i let her words sink in. she could be right but i dont want to get my hopes up. i can definitely say i've fallen for adam james hays. how couldnt i? i mentally cursed myself in my head for doing the one thing that wasnt allowed. catching feelings.

...

"in order to recive a nomination for homecoming court, a teacher has to submit a nomination for both you and your chosen partner to run with you" i said for the morning announcements. "a reminder that homecoming will take place on Saturday october 21 and prices range from 40-50 dollars. now to reveal your homecoming theme for the 2023-2024 school year give me a drumroll please.." i continued speaking.

i was given an envelope as the juniors chose a theme offically on friday. "your homecoming theme for the 2023-2024 school year is... princess and the frog!" i announced the girls who did a free period in the office clapped and cheered. "onto sports" ocean said as everyone calmed down.

"the big homecoming game will be on friday october 20 kickoff starts at 6:30 the theme is pink out. football boys senior night will be taken place on the last home game of the season which is friday october 27. seniors remind your families to please be on the field by 5 pm for senior night. varsity volleyball has a game at 4:30 on Wednesday october 4. varsity girls volleyball's senior night will take place on friday november 3rd at 6:30pm once again seniors please remind families to be in the gym no later than 5 pm for senior night" ocean said as she gave me a thumbs up.

"thank you all and have a great rest of your day. go broncos!" i said as i ended the morning announcements. we walked back to the ASB room to decorate posters for the upcoming homecoming rally. i love third period so much because of asb.

...

we sat in the cafeteria at our usual lunch spot. noah and myla met up with us. myla is a cheerleader at our school. "hey my" ocean hugged her and we sat talking while the boys goofed off. "so are you guys running for homecoming court?" noah asked the question to everyone at the table. "hmm" i sat thinking. the rule is if you run for homecoming you cant run for prom court.

"i was thinking to save it for prom" i replied shyly as i looked at adam with a shy smile. "myla and noah are you running?" ocean asked as she took a carrot off of brayden's lunch tray. they looked at each other and were sharing looks. "nah its not our thing" myla said as she took a sip out of noah's juice.

"wait really?" brayden asked shocked. "yea its also too much work to run for this whole thing we dont like it much" she shrugged. "brayden and i will be running for it then" ocean smiled as brayden squeezed her in his arms.

"got my vote" i said as i shifted closer to adam. the whole table nodded and hummed in agreement as ocean clapped her hands. "we'll ask mr. rodriguez he loves us" brayden said as he took a bite of his chicken sandwich.

"so were running for prom court? thats like 5 months away honey" adam whispered in my ear. i looked up at him with a serious face. "what do you mean by that?" i whispered back and stared at him for his answer. "do you think we'll still be doing this by then?" he asked me with a confused look on his face.