Episode 10 - Falling.

TW: Physical abuse and slightly sensitive topics. (angst time wooo)

Dark looked up and down at the duo with his piercing eyes, before walking towards them. Not knowing what would happen next, Purple and Second slowly backed up.

"W- What do you want?" Purple asked Dark timidly.

"I can't tell you, can I?" Dark chuckled, his hands behind his back. He was now starting to corner them. Suddenly, Purple's eyes darted at the open door and he immediately knew he had to make a move.

Purple quickly went under Dark's arms and attempted to head towards the door, failing as Dark reacted quickly and grabbed Purple harshly by the neck. He held him at arm's length and took out his Vira-blade. Second's memories were coming back to him now - the memories of when Dark murdered his friends right in front of him. Was time going to repeat itself?

"Oh, you really thought you could get away?" Dark questioned, laughing. "How cute."

Luckily, this gave Second a chance to escape, so he ran to the door. Once he reached the doorframe, he glanced back at Purple, who was still in Dark's clutches.

"Go," Purple mouthed, before Dark clutched his neck tighter, making him gasp. Second could see the fear in his eyes, but he still did what Purple said. However, he felt extremely guilty - it felt like he was abandoning him.

Second ran out of the room, but unfortunately, Dark noticed. He stopped grasping onto Purple's neck and grabbed his arm instead, running out of the room to stop Second from doing anything else.
Second was now at the hallway, looking around. There was a window to his left, and the electric fence to his right. He looked back at the door and saw Dark running towards him. There wasn't much time left to decide where to go. He ran towards the window and slid it open, before fumbling in his pocket.

"Shoot, where's my elytra?" Second whispered to himself, panicking. "I must've left it on the rooftop..."

He glanced behind him again; Dark was catching up to him. There was nowhere else to go, and Second had already made up his mind. He left his elytra somewhere else, but he didn't have a choice anymore. He smiled, and jumped out of the window.

Purple was horrified at what he had just saw. Before Second had jumped out, there was nothing on his back, meaning that he didn't have his elytra with him. He didn't want to lose someone else again. Not someone he cared for.

"No!" Purple yelled, as Second jumped. He was still in the clutches of Dark. "No, let go of me, damn it!"

With all his might, Purple shoved Dark off him and ran over to the window, tears starting to sting his eyes. He wore his elytra and placed a firework in his hand, before flying out of the window and swooping towards Second, who was still falling. Purple caught Second mid-air and flew to the rooftop, where Second had left his elytra. Panting and kneeling on the floor, Purple gently placed Second on the concrete.

"Second, what the hell were you thinking!?" Purple cried, giving him a tight hug. Tears were now streaming down his face. "You could've killed yourself!"

Second didn't know what to say - he hated seeing his friends like this. Seeing his friends cry, made him want to cry as well. But he admitted that it was his fault this time. He didn't know what he was thinking when he jumped out.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry..." Second whispered, closing his eyes. "I didn't think about the consequences..."

"No, It's okay. Just... never do that again."

"I know, I promise I won't. Now, please stop crying..."

Purple stopped hugging Second, wiped his eyes and smiled. He was so happy that his friend was safe; he didn't want to lose anyone that he cared about. It didn't matter if it was Second, Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, or King - they were all so special to him. They actually made him feel... loved. And that was all he ever wanted.

"Sorry, I just got a bit... emotional," Purple sighed, standing up and holding out a hand.

"No problem, it happens to me all the time," Second laughed, letting Purple help him up. They went over to Second's elytra and picked it up. However, Purple could still feel the uncomfortable pain in his neck from Dark grasping on it. Purple rubbed his neck, but Second noticed.

"I- Is your neck alright? I saw Dark holding on there, so..." Second trailed off.

"I'll be fine, don't worry."

"You sure?"

Purple hesitated for a moment, before nodding. Suddenly, a loud noise erupted from nowhere, and the pair looked up. Dark was there, levitating, with a killing glare in his eyes. The duo stepped back, terrified at what would happen next.

To be continued...